• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Autumn Uniform.

Threads cited:

Items purchased new: Brooks Brothers shirt; Berle trousers from M. Dumas in Charleston; Tommy Bahama socks; DB blazer from Grady Ervin in Charleston.

Items purchased pre-owned from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Robert Talbott tie in a single windsor; Trafalgar braces; Zelli tassels.

Antique linen pocket square from a friend.

Fedora: Goorin Brothers, Charleston.

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #BlackLivesMatter

20201019_102100.jpg20201019_102143.jpg

dbbradle

Reaction score
Love the suit. I think it could work with the shirt, but no tie, post-covid casual suit sort of look.

I slightly disagree with AAS about the tie/suit. It could work relaly well with a pale blue shirt, or white shirt in a poplin or other smooth fabric.

Who makes the shirt?
G. Inglese. I quite like the tie with this suit and think these combinations would likely work well too.
Big fan of the suit / shirt combo.
Thanks.
Very nice suit but I would suggest parting your hair on the other side for a bit better overall balance.
Ha! Thanks for that.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami