• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eli I remember you used to take selfies in the lobby of a building on Lexington?
I got this hat from JJs on 5th Avenue at about 32nd Street. You’ve got to try hats on to see if they suit you and when I found this style (Bowery) and size over time I got the same hat in gold, raspberry, dusty blue (in pic) sage green and coffee brown. Made in Ecuador. I think JJs is having a sale on now. I’m not sure if they still stock this exact hat in so many colours but they have similar Panamas in that colour range. Nothing wrong with a traditional Panama in beige - my first was a beige and it came from there when I was in NYC to see The Who at MSG in 2002 - but I like the extra dimension of having them in non traditional colours. Also they sell hat bands for a tenner so if you don’t like the ribbon it comes with you can do as I did here and customise it easily enough!

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eli I remember you used to take selfies in the lobby of a building on Lexington?
I got this hat from JJs on 5th Avenue at about 32nd Street. You’ve got to try hats on to see if they suit you and when I found this style (Bowery) and size over time I got the same hat in gold, raspberry, dusty blue (in pic) sage green and coffee brown. Made in Ecuador. I think JJs is having a sale on now. I’m not sure if they still stock this exact hat in so many colours but they have similar Panamas in that colour range. Nothing wrong with a traditional Panama in beige - my first was a beige and it came from there when I was in NYC to see The Who at MSG in 2002 - but I like the extra dimension of having them in non traditional colours. Also they sell hat bands for a tenner so if you don’t like the ribbon it comes with you can do as I did here and customise it easily enough!
Yes indeed, good memory. One of my favorite parts of visiting my in-laws upstate, which necessitates a train from Penn Station, is the walk across town and a quick pop into JJ's to see what they had kicking around the backroom for under $100. Now, I have over a dozen hats and hardly an occasion to wear them, and to boot, I haven't been to the office since March! But yes, I'm familiar with that shoppe and that's a great choice you made.

JJ Katz

Reaction score
As stated in my previous post, I went to my local Saks Fifth Avenue to pick up my latest sartorial farrago, a navy velvet jacket, a sartorial "crime of opportunity" (i.e. the jacket was heavily marked down). On getting it home, I decided to try wearing in three different ways - casual, semi-dressed up, and somewhere approximating formal. The results are as shown below - the jury is still out as to how versatile this jacket will be . . .

View attachment 1433361View attachment 1433362View attachment 1433363
Always so smart...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.