• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As stated in my previous post, I went to my local Saks Fifth Avenue to pick up my latest sartorial farrago, a navy velvet jacket, a sartorial "crime of opportunity" (i.e. the jacket was heavily marked down). On getting it home, I decided to try wearing in three different ways - casual, semi-dressed up, and somewhere approximating formal. The results are as shown below - the jury is still out as to how versatile this jacket will be . . .

IMG_4255.JPG
IMG_4256.JPG
IMG_4257.JPG

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FormosaDrakes-01.jpg
FormosaDrakes-02.jpg
FormosaDrakes-03.jpg
FormosaDrakes-06.jpg

Fresco

Jacket: Formosa
Shirt: Attolini
Tie: Drake's
PS: Borrelli
Pants: Berg & Berg
Shoes: Mano
Shades: Oliver Peoples

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As stated in my previous post, I went to my local Saks Fifth Avenue to pick up my latest sartorial farrago, a navy velvet jacket, a sartorial "crime of opportunity" (i.e. the jacket was heavily marked down). On getting it home, I decided to try wearing in three different ways - casual, semi-dressed up, and somewhere approximating formal. The results are as shown below - the jury is still out as to how versatile this jacket will be . . .

View attachment 1433361View attachment 1433362View attachment 1433363
All of them works but in the end the bowtie still wins.

Maximus Rex

Reaction score

View attachment 1433361View attachment 1433362View attachment 1433363
Nice jacket! Maker?

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.