• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, in front of the convention centre. Been here?

Yup. Very lovely city, Vancouver. Photo (with vastly oversized sports jacket, long since de-accessioned from the wardrobe) from 2013, from a spot not far from your photo.

IMG_3703.JPG

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A samurai (with a boba) and me.

IMG_4659.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Madras jacket, blue and white gingham PPBD shirt, repp tie, and argyle socks, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Leather Man blue and tan surcingle belt, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds tan suede shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person with a warm potato and chicken salad at Tuscan Son in West Los Angeles picture.

IMG_4664.jpeg

Making the best of being back to outdoor dining only for at least two more weeks.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might as well keep playing.

I saw a jacket very much like this one on the website of an Italian clothing vendor and I liked it very much. When I tried to purchase it, there was no option to ship to the U.S. When I inquired, I was told that, indeed, they had, at that time, no ability to ship to the U.S. and could not accept payment except by bank transfer. But this situation wa supposed to be in the process of "changing". Okay. I asked them to hold the jacket in my size while they resolved whatever their issue was. The issue was resolved a day or two later, by which time, of course, the jacket had been sold in my size.

So I asked Hemrajani to make one for me, only better because I could make a couple of tweaks and because it would be bespoke, not ready to wear. And here it is, in 11oz H&S dupioni silk in this gorgeous burgundy color.
IMG_5088.jpeg

IMG_5080.jpeg

IMG_5094.jpeg

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might as well keep playing.

I saw a jacket very much like this one on the website of an Italian clothing vendor and I liked it very much. When I tried to purchase it, there was no option to ship to the U.S. When I inquired, I was told that, indeed, they had, at that time, no ability to ship to the U.S. and could not accept payment except by bank transfer. But this situation wa supposed to be in the process of "changing". Okay. I asked them to hold the jacket in my size while they resolved whatever their issue was. The issue was resolved a day or two later, by which time, of course, the jacket had been sold in my size.

So I asked Hemrajani to make one for me, only better because I could make a couple of tweaks and because it would be bespoke, not ready to wear. And here it is, in 11oz H&S dupioni silk in this gorgeous burgundy color.
View attachment 1420774

View attachment 1420775

View attachment 1420776
An Ī-talian clothing vendor trying to stand in the way of what an
American wanted to buy. Can you imagine?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An Ī-talian clothing vendor trying to stand in the way of what an
American wanted to buy. Can you imagine?
Don't be obtuse. He wasn't trying to stand in the way of anything. He simply wasn't set up to accept payment from and ship to the United States. And by the time he had made the changes to be able to do that, the jacket was sold out in my size. I'm glad for him that he did not lose a new sale, but I was frustrated that the sale was not to me. So I went a different route.

psb

Reaction score
Today my day started later as usual, taking a relaxed coffee before leaving the house.

Details:
Suit: Anton Meyer
Shirt: Tyrwhitt
Tie: Turnbull & Asser
Braces: Thurston
Shoes: Allen Edmonds
Socks. Brescia

#1.jpg
#2.jpg
#3.jpg
#3a.jpg
#4.jpg
#5.jpg
#6.jpg

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
Show The SC! :eek:

It's an interesting old piece. Harris Tweed, undarted front, unsure of age but the inside label looks like something that could have been made anytime between the 60s and the 80s.
Despite the button stance being fairly high, I find it quite flattering on my frame.
It's always a bit rumpled because I wear the hell out of it (until a couple of days ago I didn't have any other heavy winter jackets, and it's been quite a cold winter here), and often wear it under my Barbour.
The lining is in desperate need of repair, and now that I've finally acquired another tweed, it should finally get the respite needed to give it a freshen up.

img_1247.jpg

img_1467.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads