• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Belatedly, yesterday's outfit: Self Isolation, Day 69. Yellow and indigo. This waistcoat is a Rag and Bone one that I eBayed last month. In attempting a 2/3rds of a 3-piece suit look, I ended up combining a rather more casual waistcoat with a rather more formal suit: the waistcoat has a soft lapel roll, as opposed to the crisp lines of the linen. The stark lighting of my study mutes the contrasting textures, so I attached a few detail shots. Thoughts? I suppose that the quarantine runway is as good a place to experiment as I'm going to get.

At any rate, the most important thing is to color coordinate with what we're reading. For Natasha Boyd's book, I didn't want to do a completely monochromatic scheme, but I did want to bring the signature dye in.

Stay safe. Stay sane. Do the things that bring you joy.

Shirt: 319 Men in Charleston.

Linen suit: Brooks Brothers.

Socks of mysterious provenance.

Vintage items from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Brooks Brothers tie in a double four-in-hand; tie bar; Trafalgar braces; Rag and Bone waistcoat; Zelli loafers.

Antique linen pocket square from a friend.

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #WFHFashion #LockDownDressUp

20200521_110129.jpg20200521_110707.jpg20200521_110819.jpg
20200522_112124.jpg20200522_112132.jpg

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday, everyone.

P5220042.jpeg

P5220043.jpeg

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing jacket. Where's it from? Love the pockets and button stance. Gorge is kind of high.
Thanks. Kent Wang made this one. I think I agree about the gorge. I go back and forth about whether I would replace the chest patch pocket with a barchetta if I had to do it over again.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lion and me.

IMG_4368.jpeg

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, pink, blue, and white glen plaid PPBD shirt, and BB#1 stripe tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Banana Republic grey glen plaid cotten/linen blend trousers, Golf Knickers argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds grey suede shoes.

jiredell

Reaction score
Belatedly, yesterday's outfit: Self Isolation, Day 69. Yellow and indigo. This waistcoat is a Rag and Bone one that I eBayed last month. In attempting a 2/3rds of a 3-piece suit look, I ended up combining a rather more casual waistcoat with a rather more formal suit: the waistcoat has a soft lapel roll, as opposed to the crisp lines of the linen. The stark lighting of my study mutes the contrasting textures, so I attached a few detail shots. Thoughts? I suppose that the quarantine runway is as good a place to experiment as I'm going to get.

At any rate, the most important thing is to color coordinate with what we're reading. For Natasha Boyd's book, I didn't want to do a completely monochromatic scheme, but I did want to bring the signature dye in.

Stay safe. Stay sane. Do the things that bring you joy.

Shirt: 319 Men in Charleston.

Linen suit: Brooks Brothers.

Socks of mysterious provenance.

Vintage items from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Brooks Brothers tie in a double four-in-hand; tie bar; Trafalgar braces; Rag and Bone waistcoat; Zelli loafers.

Antique linen pocket square from a friend.

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #WFHFashion #LockDownDressUp

View attachment 1393072View attachment 1393073View attachment 1393074
View attachment 1393093View attachment 1393094
I really like how the dark of the waistcoat and your socks seem to be at odds with the otherwise "casual" elements of your outfit: what looks like a cotton suit--although hard to tell from the pics. But this, with the french cuff shirt, and the tie--I think you've combined "formal" and "casual" elements in an interesting way here. Bravo!

megadork2000

Reaction score
Hustlebones
sf97.PNG
sf98.JPG
sf99.JPG

Bonus pic:
Look mom, I'm thrifting! We're in phase 3 now, many stores opened yesterday. Waited in line 55 minutes to pay for a yellow shirt($3). The abundance of half naked women help pass the time. There's something rather sexy about those little mask...Ended the day with 2 yellowish solid dress shirts, and a SWEET pair of chocolate dress pants. No alterations required.

sf100.JPG

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jiredell

Reaction score
I like it too. I just feel bad for your lonely ties. Like a dog constantly waiting to be walked.
While there's nothing wrong with having a little chutzpah, don't forget that this isn't exactly a gaming forum. What everyone here is after is some sense of affirmation when it all comes down to it. We all like the same sort of thing, and we all want to be a part of the same community.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lion and me.

View attachment 1393344

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, pink, blue, and white glen plaid PPBD shirt, and BB#1 stripe tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Banana Republic grey glen plaid cotten/linen blend trousers, Golf Knickers argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds grey suede shoes.
I love nothing more than a good lion shot.

I title this ensemble "Chocolate Rain" (it's currently overcast and drizzling).

20200522_190215.jpg
20200522_190534.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.