1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

Come home from work. Put on a tie and pocket square. Change shoes. Ready to go out! Feel miserable in the morning when you have to get up at 5:45.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. spectre

spectre Distinguished Member

[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR]

+1 Superb.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

3. SamF

SamF Well-Known Member

MF, I seem to remember you mentioning during the discussion on Chocsosa's that you go with wider trouser legs for proportion because of having fairly large feet. If you wear RTW, which brands do you tend to go for for suits/odd trousers? I have UK11 feet and struggle a bit with the clown shoes problem and don't know where I should be looking.

4. spectre

MF - I love the top half but think it's all undone by those shoes. They just ruin it. Why couldn't you stay within the overall look and wear a simple black captoe or at least a black loafer.
    Also I think your pants need a re-think. Bit longer, maybe little more taper at the bottom and larger cuff.

5. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor

This is really nice.

6. Monkeyface

This is a Pal Zileri bespoke, but I'm slowly shifting all of my suits to Sartoria Partenopea.

7. Monkeyface

@Spectre Cuffs are 2". Pants should be longer, but the tailor messed it up. Again. I think I'm going to cuff all of my pants myself from now on.

I was wearing black cap toes, but I'm not going to wear those to a bar and ruin them. Didn't feel like changing, so this will have to do. Yes, I came straight from the office, but at least I have some details that differentiate myself.

@Davesmith Thank you!

8. spectre

CLEAV...Just mulling over that last shot at the beach. I think your suit has hit the sweet spot for lapels, a width that will never ever be seen as "out".
    Tell me, are this and your other suits two buttons (sometimes it's a bit hard to tell) and are they off the rack? If so, what brand?

I have suddenly moved towards a narrower lapel like yours and two buttons instead of a three roll two. This always happens when I watch too many Sean Connery James Bond movies, which is what I have been doing all week.

This time I think I might act on it though. I have taken a lot of the well-intentioned critiques from here on board and agree my pants are too slim for the top.

I'm heading towards a suit or two with two buttons, lapels the same width as yours and pants which are a bit wider, have a higher rise and a single forward pleat...but I will retain the side adjusters and keep the bottom width fairly narrow.

You guys are costing me money...suppose I'm not the only one.

For other reasons, such as the scenery, which would make any of us Aussies who have made the ritualistic trip to the UK nostalgic, we need as many of your pics as you can churn out..

EDIT: Forgot to ask the make of the suede shoes.

9. spectre

That 's truly funny!

10. spectre

And don't buy any. Buy chalk stripe, much more elegant.

11. grade

grade Well-Known Member

Jacket is fresco, one half of a blazersuit. Cheers.

[​IMG]

12. spitfirees20

spitfirees20 Senior Member

No tie? Patch pockets? Are those black jeans? Amazing combination; jeans could be tighter though.

13. Cleav

Cleav Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored Moderator

Mate, that's a Canali 2 button off the rack, nipped in the waist with the back tidied up.

My preference is always for a 3 roll 2 but I was after a suit this colour. You made me think,,, I believe I'm 50/50 on 2 button/3 roll 2 suits and 100% 3 roll 2 on SCs.

In a grey two button tomorrow for meetings in the capital (Westminster) lunch with friends too. Any plans for another visit to Blighty? Beverage(s) of your choice on me when you do!

EDIT: Shoes C & J

14. bytor13

bytor13 Senior Member

For the Friday Challenge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. IronKnochs

IronKnochs Senior Member

they're chinos and yeah I think they stack a little too much. might have the hem adjusted