• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was an overcast day in NYC, of which I spent the bulk of the morning walking the 3 mile round trip stroll to my dentist, for a root canal, a process that I will be repeating tomorrow, in the predicted rain. (What my dentist will be doing to me tomorrow remains to be seen - I had thought that he had dug enough out of my mouth yesterday. We shall see.)

However, the sun today is shining brightly in NYC, and with today's attire, I am both digging into the sartorial archives for items I've not worn in years, literally (tie and cufflinks), and am checking to see if the program of increased exercise, instituted in the wake of the departure from my last employer in January, has had any effect. The last time that I attempted to wear today's suit, it was a very tight, uncomfortable fit. I am pleased to report that, at least today, it fits much more comfortably. These days, one takes one's small pleasures where one can.

Where I can wear this entire rig remains to be seen, though errands do need to be run later this afternoon - not precisely what most people wear buying groceries, but there is no law against it, so far as I am aware.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt & scarf - Harvie & Hudson, London
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Barney's NYC
Pocket square - Alain Figaret
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Overcoat - Turnbull & Asser
Hat - Lock, London

IMG_3804.JPG

IMG_3799.JPG
IMG_3800.JPG
IMG_3801.JPG
IMG_3802.JPG
IMG_3803.JPG

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have my sympathy on the root canal, crusty.
But molested or not, u r always stylish.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score

[email protected]

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.