• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What's up, dudes?
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.57.41 AM.JPG

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you lost a lot of weight lately? That shirt looks like it was made for a much larger man.
Next time you go shopping if you have an extra $20 go to Best Buy (I’m assuming you’re in America) and treat yourself to a camera tripod. Doesn’t have to be fancy but even with that and your camera-phone’s timer you’ll take infinitely better pics than in your checkerboard mirror.

Also I dunno if you’re looking for feedback but ...
Dimple that tie knot!
Bright shirt and bright tie is visually too much - choose one or the other.
I wear dark blue / navy odd strides but they’re not popular on SF. I also do a bit of matchy matchy sometimes which is also not usually popular on SF (red your shirt and socks).
Certainly dark strides like that deserve much darker shoes (Black / dark brown / chocolate suede etc).

Hope that’s helpful, take it or leave it. Also scroll pics of this thread and other menswear forums and blogs and make a note of those pics you like (or don’t like) then ask yourself why. In time you’ll build a mental picture of what you yourself like and don’t like and will have a framework of how to put good outfits together either from what you have or what you plan to buy next.

Last edited:

megadork2000

Reaction score
Have you lost a lot of weight lately? That shirt looks like it was made for a much larger man.
Next time you go shopping if you have an extra $20 go to Best Buy (I’m assuming you’re in America) and treat yourself to a camera tripod. Doesn’t have to be fancy but even with that and your camera-phone’s timer you’ll take infinitely better pics than in your checkerboard mirror.

Dimple that tie knot!
I wear dark blue / navy odd strides but they’re not popular on SF. I also do a bit of matchy matchy sometimes which is also not usually popular on SF (red your shirt and socks).
Certainly dark strides like that deserve much darker shoes (Black / dark brown / chocolate suede etc).

Hope that’s helpful, take it or leave it. Also scroll pics of this thread and other menswear forums and blogs and make a note of those pics you like (or don’t like) then ask yourself why. In time you’ll build a mental picture of what you yourself like and don’t like and will have a framework of how to put good outfits together either from what you have or what you plan to buy next.

I appreciate it

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
"Ah! there is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort." It's not often that a Jane Austen line rings a little hollow.

Today's outfit: Self Isolation, Day 9. Navy + Tan, variation 3.

Class discussions on Discord are providing some much-needed structure and laughter to quiet days. Our discussion of Austen was bubbly and amusing, as any discussion of her ought to be.

I think--hope--my students are enjoying remote discussion on their end, too. It's no replacement for being face to face, but it's what we have right now, and it offers us all a chance to experience some version of togetherness.

Threads cited:

Shirt: Brooks Brothers.

Custom DB Blazer: Grady Ervin, Charleston.

Tie: Seaward & Stearn, from WornInCharleston.

Socks: Tommy Bahama.

Vintage items from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Alden full strap penny loafers; tie bar; Robert Talbott chinos from WornInCharleston.

Antique linen pocket square from a dear friend.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom

20200324_135410.jpg 20200324_135329.jpg 20200324_135104.jpg

megadork2000

Reaction score

Dimple that tie knot!

Once again, I appreciate your outfit feedback.

I have a real camera but,...

It's kind of a big jump to go from saying, "I like to wear ties now" to "I like to get dressed up and take pictures of myself for a bunch of weird nerds on the internet"

baby steps...

Ill try find a place to set my phone on and shoot, holding it is pretty awkard

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
After a row of days working from home, I finally decided to wear some clothes and see if I can be more productive:
96C49D32-87A2-44A4-B5A1-C01C96A790AD.jpeg

So today imma do the professor look (and do so rightfully, as someone at work said I looked like a ‘nutty professor’).
8F89AF88-FE25-4456-AEE7-C4AFDA2605B0.jpeg

• Doppio petto trasformabile from Prologue with lovely extended shoulders, worn as a 6 on 2 for the sake of a smaller v-zone to go with the bow - I later removed the giacca as it was getting bit too warm in HK, and i wouldn’t want to rub the 8oz LGB so much on the sofa
• Bow aqua blue floral pattern - can’t remember source but may be thrifted
• Blue spread-collar shirt from Peter Lee, with fraying collars and cuffs, and elbow patch unseen, after some 6 years of heavy-duty wear
• Moss green linen cardigan from Muji
• Khaki with double pleats from Urban Revivo (at around USD30 retail price, no decorative fuss, but most importantly straight cut and wide legs!)

A trad interpretation of an outfit with an otherwise iconically Italian garment at core. Si? Non?

Cheers
Royal_Airforce

Contango

Reaction score

megadork2000

Reaction score
Thank you for playing. I welcome all input, and I cannot be offended.

That tie is beautiful and so is my lustrous unkempt hair.

You're right about the shoes and belt. Good tip, thanks

I cant really see myself clearly, until I see myself in this thread.

Jacket and no tie is against my religion.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads