• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

megadork2000

Reaction score
y mas
sf7.PNG
sf8.JPG

Expert advice welcomed. Especially on how to take pictures of yourself without feeling/looking like a tool.

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Solids, a simple pattern, a dark background, and topical reading.

I recorded a "5 tips for how to succeed in an online classroom" video for my students today. Funny how easy it all came back to me, the routine from my online days: I devised an outfit, positioned my background, drafted a script, read it aloud twice, edited and polished, then recorded it all in one take, to be emailed to my students with a transcript. I shall meet with them tomorrow on Discord.

Threads cited:

OCBD, pleat-front chinos, jacket, and socks: Brooks Brothers

Belgian slippers: WornInCharleston consignment shop.

Bowtie: Ben Silver, Charleston.

Antique linen pocket square from a dear friend.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom

IMG_20200322_212144_073.jpg
IMG_20200322_212144_074.jpg 20200322_165720.jpg 20200322_165650.jpg

megadork2000

Reaction score
I'd suggest limiting the number of patterns. For the combo, below why not drop some patterns? A solid shirt would be a good start. The elements sort of muddle together.
Good eye! Thanks.

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Like @jiredell I went for the navy + khaki theme. My color palette was far more muted, though. I posed with the text that I'm teaching today, too.

My first online class discussion went well today. Students who (in the pre-corona world) did not ordinarily participate were much livelier today than I recall. There is hope yet.

I know that there's an antipathy among the StyleForum folks towards novelty tie bars, but this one always draws complements from my students. A little levity is needed in times like these. Besides, I like to think that my neckwear went to the eye doctor.

Threads cited:

Flat-front chinos: J. Crew.

Custom shirt: 319 Men, Charleston.

Tie: Wear Macon, Macon, Georgia. Worn in a single windsor.

Socks: DapperClassics.

Jacket: Brooks Brothers.

Sprezzabox tie bar.

Vintage items from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Alden full strap penny loafers.

Antique linen pocket square from a dear friend.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom

20200323_174814.jpg 20200323_173137.jpg 20200323_173027.jpg

psb

Reaction score
Its still cold and an uncomfotable wind is blowing all the time.
So flanell and a thick winter coat are the best choice.

Details:
Suit: Suit Supply
Shirt: Tyrwhitt
PS: Hacket
Tie: Poszetka
Shoes: Allen Edmonds
Socks Falke fine shadow
Coat: Hacket
Watch: Swiss Vintage Atlantic worldmaster original, 1970.

v2.jpg
v3.jpg
v4.jpg
v1.jpg
v5.jpg
v6.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sun has returned to NYC, after a long period of rain all day yesterday, and though I am stuck indoors, like the rest of the world, for the great majority of my day, I do have just cause to go outside for a short while, and see no reason that I cannot look good while doing so.

In a way, I am also celebrating the past - today's shirt and tie are both, to the best of my recollection, some 20+ years old.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
Cufflinks - Thomas Pink
Braces - Lewin
Pocket square - no name brand and vintage
Shoes - Septieme Largeur, Paris
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_3797.JPG

IMG_3792.JPG
IMG_3793.JPG
IMG_3794.JPG
IMG_3795.JPG
IMG_3796.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads