• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great collar stye! Is that a two button down collar. It's such a central piece, especially as it's rarely worn, with and without a tie.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. I think you mean there are four buttons on the collar ie two on each side. If so, it most certainly is not. I'm not a fan of those kinds of collars. It seems entirely unnecessary.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. I think you mean there are four buttons on the collar ie two on each side. If so, it most certainly is not. I'm not a fan of those kinds of collars. It seems entirely unnecessary.
I think he's asking if you have 2 buttons by your Adam's apple.

Because of the deep roll.

I think.

[email protected]

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

[email protected]

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Because of the depth of the collar, I presume it's a button down collar with two buttons to fasten at the neck.

zr3rs

Reaction score
Always with the exceptional fit. Especially the plumb line and drape of the pants. What's your secret besides dropping bucks for bespoke?
Thanks a lot! Well, i am not sure there is a secret. Orazio Luciano mtm jackets fit me very well, not the least because I was fitted by Orazio himself. In terms of trousers, my wardrobe now mainly consists of Sebastian Hoofs trousers all in the same cut. He does them in batches for me, so prices are reasonable and there is no going back. I have not tried OL pants, but my legs are definitely hard to fit.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A late day posting. My husband and I are attending a members' preview at the Whitney this evening. Now, the demographic of your average attendee to one of these wingdings is much younger and more hip than me, and in deciding how to dress for this evening, I could have made concessions to the aesthetic of the new Whitney's location - that painfully fashionable (or fashionably painful) former industrial area known as the "meatpacking district". However, that is not a form of social costume that I can successfully don. I have gone in the opposite direction, opting for the fogiest of ensembles, a form of sartorial expression with which I have much greater familiarity.

Suit and braces - New & Lingwood, London
Shirt & tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - The Wallace Collection, London
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Vintage watch chain
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Lock

IMG_3677.JPG

IMG_3671.JPG
IMG_3672.JPG
IMG_3674.JPG
IMG_3675.JPG
IMG_3676.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A late day posting. My husband and I are attending a members' preview at the Whitney this evening. Now, the demographic of your average attendee to one of these wingdings is much younger and more hip than me, and in deciding how to dress for this evening, I could have made concessions to the aesthetic of the new Whitney's location - that painfully fashionable (or fashionably painful) former industrial area known as the "meatpacking district". However, that is not a form of social costume that I can successfully don. I have gone in the opposite direction, opting for the fogiest of ensembles, a form of sartorial expression with which I have much greater familiarity.

Suit and braces - New & Lingwood, London
Shirt & tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - The Wallace Collection, London
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Vintage watch chain
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Lock

View attachment 1336542

Stand firm. Don’t bend the knee. :bigstar:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 146 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%