• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NycLondon

Reaction score
Eventually it seems like almost everyone posts a picture wearing a blue blazer and khaki trousers, but how many people post pictures wearing a blue blazer and khaki trousers and standing next to a locomotive?

View attachment 1281325

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, PPBD shirt, tie, and pocket square, Orvis trousers and Allen-Edmonds saddle shoes.

For those who may be wondering how long I've worn blue blazers and khaki trousers and taken pictures standing next to locomotives at the place I still call Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal, here I am doing it when Kennedy was President.

View attachment 1281327

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures and for those who may be wondering why I was standing next to a locomotive again this morning, was on the way to the Paris In A Cup Tea Salon in Orange CA.

(Also went to the Hilbert Museum while I was in Orange.)

View attachment 1281328
I am gonna say again we need a book or something, this stuff is Art.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember thinking film with Jeremy Irons was amazing when I saw it. But I have not seen it again. And I never saw the play. How does it hold up after 30-ish years? Brilliant implies pretty well, right?

The acting was like watching a chamber ensemble playing in perfect harmony, and it was staged most effectively.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green, orange, white and brown.

15B4D747-50B9-4001-9437-BCDC1313E091.jpeg

E69D659D-B555-4D4B-8166-3060168D2DC0.jpeg

E96ACEEE-3720-4EE2-8FB7-090E5629783E.jpeg

F82E8EAB-BD46-4613-9046-4874457B3203.jpeg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 2019 Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal Christmas Tree and me.

Tried to take a picture with the LAUPT Christmas Tree last week when I went to Orange, but the station was closed because of police activity.

When I tried to take a picture with it today, a film crew was cluttering up the South Patio filming something and I was told I couldn't walk through where they were filming because the film was set in 2004 and I didn't look like a 2004 person.

Rather than trying to explain to the sort of person who is in show business I looked exactly the same in 2004, I acted like I didn't speak English, ignored the show folks and their security, set up my little tripod on a garbage can, and took this picture.

IMG_2948.jpeg

Capas cap, Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, tie, sweater vest, and pocket square, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt and cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person with tea and an orange-cranberry scone picture.

IMG_2951.jpeg

Got the tie at Brooks Brothers over forty years ago. It used to be blue with white polka dots. The polka dots are sort of ecru now. Yes, my pocket watch is at the end of the leather lapel watch strap.

Extra Added Attraction: An "Only In Los Angeles" scene, a space shuttle on a stick, a taco truck, and City Hall.

IMG_2965.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics