1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. Egdon Heath

Egdon Heath Senior Member

Have my eyes been deceived or am I seeing for the first time in the two months I've been peeking in here an actual starched shirt. Ye Gods, I think I am!. I love the starch; love ir, love it, love it. Mighty fine, C'Player. Pls don't say it ain't so.

2. sansimeon

sansimeon Senior Member

3. 9thsymph

9thsymph Senior Member

The jacket looks very nice on it's own, but NOT a good combo with those pants. The pants are just cut very poorly imho (and too dark for that jacket unless you switch to a much darker tie as well..)

4. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Distinguished Member

Good post. Top half good, bottom half bad!

5. bienluienapris

bienluienapris Senior Member

Today, there is sunshine, no pictures of the panama [​IMG]
    It's also my participation to FC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Um yes?

---

JHT652, defo your best fit that I can recall. Nicely done.

7. JHT652

JHT652 Senior Member

Kind of you to say so. Appreciated :cheers:

8. spitfirees20

spitfirees20 Senior Member

Trousers are too dark, trouser legs are too wide, boots need to be polished, and even then, those boots do not work with that outfit at all IMO.

9. GMMcL

GMMcL Distinguished Member

Don't judge me. It's hot, it's Friday and it's been a far longer 4 day week than it should have been. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Senior Member

Thanks a lot, I had a lot of fun designing the lapels for that jacket. What I had in mind was Tom Ford kind of lapels and I'm pretty happy with the results.

The tie is a personal challenge, green paisley isn't easy but I learned to like it. Thanks for the nice comment :)

[​IMG]
    Thanks! [​IMG]

11. paisley

paisley Member

12. chocsosa

chocsosa Distinguished Member

yea but thats almost trying to get me into your aesthetic which while I think looks terrific on you and your body type is not my cup of tea.. Im sorry, I personally would not wear 9 inch openings..I take critiques.. I have been critiqued for my monochromatic style of dressing, to slimness to now leg openings..I take what I think I can incorporate into my style to make work and if it does not I state so..so while I respect your stance (being that I consider you one of the consistent dressers pertaining to your steeze),,Ill stick with where I'm at..as for lapels I would like 4 inch lapels but Im dont want a whole wardrobe of them.. maybe a suit or two (of which I do have)..too me it seems to dangerous when anyone starts saying you need 4 inch lapels or 2.5 inch lapels atleast..4" lapels is too much in my opinion and very few people can pull it off without looking costumey..for most RTW the lapels will be between 3.25-3.7 inches and too me thats classic enough without being trendy..to have a wardrobe full of 4inch lapels I would most likely have to go MTM and while I do have some pieces that are MTM I will not being doing that for a whole wardrobe in order to have 4 inch lapels.. makes no sense..just my thoughts though..

13. heldentenor

heldentenor Distinguished Member

Thanks for the unambiguous feedback; after seeing the photographic evidence and hearing folks weigh in, I clearly need to take these pants back to the tailor for more tapering and a better job on the cuffs, which are a mess and screw up the drape.

Presuming I can get the tapering/cuffs right, how (if at all) does one pair them? Deeper greys/browns? Are they a lost cause?

Curious to hear more about the shoes, spitfirees20. They're a casual distressed leather (AE Neumoks) and not meant to be polished. Are they just too casual, or is there an additional level of incoherence?

Thanks to all for weighing in.

14. spitfirees20

spitfirees20 Senior Member

Sorry, I didn't understand what they were. In that case I think they're entirely too casual for this outfit. I'm not sure if it's the shirt or sport coat that really clashes with them (I'd have to see the outfit with different pants), but it looks like an odd mix of formal and informal.

15. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

GMMcL, you had me until the black shoes. It doesn't ruin the look, but you're leaving money on the table.