• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kilgour.
20190424_190145.jpg

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
464a-passaggio02.jpg
464b.jpg
464c.jpg
464d.jpg

Suit: Zegna Couture
Shirt: Shirtonomy
Tie: Passaggio Cravatte
PS: Vanda
Shoes: Alden

induere_to

Reaction score
Trying to distract myself from existence by getting creative.

49E6B368-825C-4350-AEFD-4BB0CD3E6BD1.jpeg

EEE4E756-87BE-44EF-83A1-88ED43FBACE5.jpeg

The cashmere sweater was a fun project and is my own design. Gurkhas are Spier & Mackay MTM.

Stocking up for Pitti 97?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

induere_to

Reaction score
Brown and cream or navy and cream. Either way a very cool looking sweater. Is S&M making custom sweaters? Please say yes.

Chocolate brown and cream.

Sweater is strictly mine. As a huge soccer fan and collector of vintage jerseys, I came up with an idea years ago to maybe one day come up with a line of vintage soccer jersey-inspired sweaters. Stumbled upon a manufacturer recently that could scratch the itch.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sweater is strictly mine. As a huge soccer fan and collector of vintage jerseys, I came up with an idea years ago to maybe one day come up with a line of vintage soccer jersey-inspired sweaters. Stumbled upon a manufacturer recently that could scratch the itch.
Well Let's Scratch Everybody's Itch... :bigstar:

MrAmbrose

Reaction score

@induere_to

Everything about that sweater is fantastic. The wide stripes, the colors. Everything.

Please make me one!

Please?

please.png

blekit

Reaction score
A day of two maiden voyages. First one for a shoes - a pair of dark brown austerity brogues by TLB Mallorca from their Artista line. The second for a bespoke jacket - brown fresco light (8/9 ozs) picked up recently from Andells.

The shoes are amazing. The design, quality of leather and craftsmanship seem outstanding. I was very happy that I could change the leather (I picked dark brown instead of cognac that is the default option). It is of course too soon to judge, but the first impression is comparable with much more expensive brands (e.g. AS Exclusive Range, C&J Handgrade, Cheaney Imperial Collection). I'm more and more sure, that in the future I'm going to consider only TLB, Vass or Patine (varying on some factors like budget, style and type of intended usage) when buying new shoes.

As for the jacket, I was looking for a plain summer piece with visible fabric texture in rather darkish brown. Finally I've chosen a dark rust fresco light from Hardy Minnis Fresco III book. The stylistic choices for this one were as following: single breasted, half-lined, natural shoulders with minimal construction and spalla camicia, patch pockets and a slightly more open quarters than in my previous order with this tailor. I am pleased with the final outcome, I have a feeling that with every iteration we're ending up with a better product. The two issues I see here (rippling on the back near right shoulder and pulling near the button) do not bother me much. Especially given that they are likely caused by surprisingly successful training regimen I've started two months ago and will be addressed after the season (at least as long as the dimensions change is not ephemeral). For now I won't to get some wear out of this until cold Autumn arrives and see how it adjusts to my body.

Feedback is - as always - very welcome.

20190811_125412._edited.png
20190811_121507~2-01.png
20190811_121847~2-01.png
20190811_130144~2.jpg

* jacket by Andells
* shirt by Camiceria Olga
* tie from Embassy of Elegance
* ps from Poszetka
* Benevento pants
* TLB Mallorca shoes
20190811_125523.png
20190811_121803~2-01.png
20190811_145600~2.jpg
IMG_20190810_095819_278.jpg
20190811_145701~2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads