• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AlexRamius

Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As much as I generally admire your postings, and like all of the individual items in this posting, I can't help thinking that the boldness (and inherent informality) of the jacket might be better served with very light-colored trousers, rather than the navy, and the tie might be superfluous - a light blue shirt without a tie would certainly be a viable alternative to your current choices. I think that the jacket is great, but it's certainly a challenge to integrate into an outfit.

AlexRamius

Reaction score
@upr_crust Thank you for your kind words. I agree with you. Usually I wear it with cream linen/cotton trousers and a blue oxford shirt. Second option is with this pair of navy fresco trousers but without tie.

In this case I just wanted to go out to an event with this new large knitted tie I recently aquired. It was a bit over the top.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@upr_crust Thank you for your kind words. I agree with you. Usually I wear it with cream linen/cotton trousers and a blue oxford shirt. Second option is with this pair of navy fresco trousers but without tie.

In this case I just wanted to go out to an event with this new large knitted tie I recently aquired. It was a bit over the top.

I know only too well the impulse to "play with one's new toy" as soon as is humanly possible - have given into it on numerous occasions :)

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those interested, here’s the new Friday challenge:

caschta

Reaction score
When I see some of your things:

"And not in the way the kids were using it, hanging around the 7-11 on Main St. & Worth. He was cool in the old sense of the word. He was the kind of guy who could show up stag and leave with a gal on each arm and another one or two asking just "who was that rugged gent?" He was the kind of cool the execs asked for when they were casting for Joe Camel's replacement. He was what they meant when they said 'cool.'"

Meanwhile, I wore this.
I just now realized, you look like Buster from Arrested Development.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great look for a hot day!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads