• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SC: Borrelli
Shirt and PS: Olof1982
Pants: Donnanna
Shoes: Doucal’s

58611E5A-F85B-477D-B5C0-F28391E77A22.jpeg

FAA42933-529E-4D7C-828C-5A65CB618C93.jpeg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried the cream silk pocket based on mafoofan’s assessment, but it never seemed to work well. They are only good for tuxedo’s and blue mohair suits.
Though I don't agree with this assessment, Foo's rigidity in some of his maxims (that one, in particular) were quite absurd.
I do like the cream square, and rate it as a good deal more versatile than just the above, but it certainly should not serve as a stand in for any square, regardless of setting. I find myself particularly fond of them when paired with solid black ties, as I don't like the "clash" of more vibrant colors against it. Perhaps I'll become creative in time, but I wouldn't bet any good chunk of change on it.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
grrrreat shirt......chambray?..........specs..brand?

Thank you!

But yes sir, it was Olof1982’s first run of their house brand of shirts. Could use a little tweaking to fit me perfectly but it’s mostly in the arms. I’m just an anomaly.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it’s only because it’s really the only knot I tie!

But I think what works for me is leaving the first loop over the front very large. Even though when I bring the front blade through both loops, it’ll be very short, the large loops allow me to shape the dimple and knot better than if I kept it snug from the beginning.
Many thanks! :cheers:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear UC I absolutely agree with you about Fukuda. When I see one of his models, I think that it’s so perfect that if I could put my hands in it, I wouldn’t dare to wear it on the street to don’t take the risk of spoiling it. True art! As well about the price: I think we must have limits, and Fukuda prices (as John Lobb long time ago) go beyond it. I always think that with the money of a pair of Fukuda, I could buy 2 pairs of Edward Green or 3/4 Mecariello.
As for Carmina, the problem it’s the same with other Spanish shoes: beautiful models, but the leathers are rather difficult to “brake” what makes the 1st walks a bit painfuls.

Always a pleasure to have your opinions

Cheers

Vc

My Simpsons were suede, and I believe that they broke in rather quickly; the Uetams are low-vamped, which may account for their difficulties in being broken in; the Bugers broke in less easily than the Simpsons (for me, at least), but easier than the Uetams.

We agree on Fukuda - true art, but can one risk wearing them.

Photo 2 (brace, shirt, tie, etc.) shows the artful elegance of your selection.

Thank you.

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score
Footwork! Is this an older model (shoe)? Just Lovely!

I bought may be 4/5 ago. Is part of the handgrade collection of C&J. Also like it. Has an exquisite colour that is hard to keep (easily would turn darker), and specially, it’s very comfortable. Thanks!

Cheers

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something simple with the coolest tie I own (I don't like the guy but still).

View attachment 1148180 View attachment 1148181 View attachment 1148182
Mi consenta Mr. Bernoulli ... the label is on the back of the tie, so you may wear it without compromising yourself ...
BTW, I usually remove the labels from my ties, as I don't like people to grab and turn them to see who's the maker (you know, Italians tend to like phisical interaction - a bit too much for my tastes, but I'm a shy guy).
Label apart, I like very much your whole outfit: I feel a feeling of much needed spring in it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads