• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score
Just happened on this site recently and thought I'd say hello to you all and how impressive I am finding your daily attire.
Not wearing anything today worth posting myself, but if I will not be intruding, am inspired to do so soon and keep up on yours as well. Thank you. Tom in NC.

Welcome and thanks for your mention.
Hope you feel at home here

Cheers
Vic

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that today is, at least calendrically, the first day of Spring. Temperatures in NYC are not especially spring-like, though the sun is shining, and it will warm to about 11C/51F by the afternoon, hence a lighter weight topcoat today.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet, via Saks Fifth Avenue
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Braces - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Carmina
Topcoat - Turnbull & Asser
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_9428.JPG

IMG_9423.JPG
IMG_9424.JPG
IMG_9425.JPG
IMG_9426.JPG
IMG_9427.JPG

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score
I believe that today is, at least calendrically, the first day of Spring. Temperatures in NYC are not especially spring-like, though the sun is shining, and it will warm to about 11C/51F by the afternoon, hence a lighter weight topcoat today.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet, via Saks Fifth Avenue
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Braces - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Carmina
Topcoat - Turnbull & Asser
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Laird, London

View attachment 1146770

UC Today, You’re dressing some of my fav things. And I always think that purple gives a special twist to any combo (but of course, the combination must help, and that’s the case).
Another point: till a few years ago, for the crowd, shoes should be from Northampton or Italy (and for the average American man, Alden or any other american brand). Now, Japan and Spain are taking the market with a bunch of “new” brands. Carmina is one of the best known.
As you have a very enviable collection of shoes of many brands, how do you consider Carmina among the other brands you have? In terms of quality/price, naturally.

IEG

Reaction score
65875B5B-7C6C-43A7-BDBE-182F11B82A57.jpeg

I have a wedding at the end of May, already thinking of what to wear. Toying around with this look, I have a solid blue searsucker suit at the tailor, thinking of that solid blue summer suit with the rest of this?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best not to be too colorful so as not to show up the Groom. Solid blue seersucker would work without the vest and with a darker, maybe also solid, tie. That's the traditional approach but I would guess it depends on the personalities involved.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1146800
I have a wedding at the end of May, already thinking of what to wear. Toying around with this look, I have a solid blue searsucker suit at the tailor, thinking of that solid blue summer suit with the rest of this?

that looks goood. not sure its for a wedding tho

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its too.....
too...

Im not sure..lol

it looks lke a well dressed man during a day of business, or going to dinner.......lol.....or you are having a scotch at home after a steak...lol

its too nice...too sporty......too much of an outfit.

I dont know

Last edited:
Reactions: IEG

IEG

Reaction score
its too.....
too...

Im not sure..lol

it looks lke a well dressed man during a day of business, or going to dinner.......lol.....or you are haing a scotch at home after a steak...lol

its too nice...too sproty......to much of an outfit.

I dont know
I do believe I agree

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads