• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's so killer about tchoy's dress sense is that everything is so understated. Nothing stands out, everything meshes with everything else, and of course the clothes fit perfectly.

I wish I could pull this off but (a) I'm still a menswear noob and (b) it's just not my personality. I'm a dandy at heart, a bit of a show-off. That has its advantages: I'm a people person, a good salesman, a performer. I never suffer from stage-fright. I can extemporise a speech for any occasion and get laughs and get my meaning across.

I feel that clothes should (to some extent) mirror their wearers' personalities. So I will continue to work on my own style, which will never be like tchoy's, although every time I see one of his fits I learn something.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ In addition to being a great dresser, he also strikes me as a gentleman, and that is all the more to his credit.

Very true. TC has popped in to the Aussie thread from time to time to advise of a visiting tailor or offer an insight or two. Always helpful and precise in his comments.

Coxy, your journey is just as engaging mate.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're right it has no shape because it is without structure of any sort. Like a heavy shirt if you will. It has a couple of inside pockets and lined sleeves for ease but nothing else so it sort of "flops".
But it was designed for this and has turned out well. These things are very popular now in Italy but it does look shapeless. Fabulous to wear but limited to heavier fabrics whose heft alone gives it its only outline.

Hmmm. I have a lot of unstructured jackets too and they don't appear sack-like. OK never mind...

Very nice fits guys.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An alternate design solution for the Friday Challenge.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - BB
Braces - New & Lingwood, London
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations, NYC
PS - Ashear
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Penhaligon's Douro

JHT652

Reaction score

Same as the start of the week, different jacket & tie.
Marks & Spencer Jacket
TM Lewin Shirt
Brooks Brothers Tie
Drake's Square
Aquascutum Trousers
Loake 1880 Shoes

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JHT652 thumbed for beard-jacket cohesion.

NOBD thumbed for great fit, plus I wish I knew how to create those kewl photomontages.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it feel like the Aussies have stolen the mantle from the Scandinavians of late? @pingson and @Anden need to help @EFV maintain the vanguard.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@gazman70k
 impeccable fit and style. One of the best I have seen here IMHO.

Thank you

Nice @ nabil & gaz

Great seeing you at lunch. Looking forward to your HK visit.

+1 Style is lovely. Shoulders look a bit wide, though, see pic 2.

Thank you. I slouch when I sit.

Perhaps I need to move to Sydney.

Perhaps you should.

Side shots seem to be all the rage now, so here's mine. This for the FC.

Long time no see. Catch you in Shanghai?

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is it just me or does it feel like the Aussies have stolen the mantle from the Scandinavians of late? @pingson and @Anden need to help @EFV maintain the vanguard.

There are a few other Scandinavian posters who are really good, but they post way to seldom. I'm hoping @pingson and @Anden are back soon though, they are such great posters!

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upr_crust, nice outfit, i especially like the suit, but I think the Penhaligons spoiled the whole look, :foo:

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind words guys. I'll be back at work on Monday. Been with the family since June. Got a new suit during the summer. And some shoes. And flannels. See you soon! @SeaJen @EFV

There are a few other Scandinavian posters who are really good, but they post way to seldom. I'm hoping @pingson and @Anden are back soon though, they are such great posters!

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It will be a little while before I am back so @EFV you have to hold down the fort alone for another while, sorry. I'm on parental leave for few weeks and then will go to China for two weeks in the end of September on a business trip. Plan to be back more regularly in October (but will still only work part -time, so we'll see how many pics I have time to snap)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads