1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. upr_crust

upr_crust Distinguished Member

Friday, and a hint of sunshine, and no chance of rain. Making use of a suit I packed for my trip last month to London.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
    Shirt & cufflinks - Tyrwhitt
    Tie - Drake's, via the Armoury, NYC
    Braces - Paul Stuart
    Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
    Shoes - Carmina
    Overcoat - Adolfo
    Scarf - Harvie & Hudson
    Hat - Laird, London

IMG_9291.JPG

IMG_9286.JPG IMG_9287.JPG IMG_9288.JPG IMG_9289.JPG IMG_9290.JPG

2. RishaStyle

RishaStyle Well-Known Member

Namaskar. India is quite fascinating due to its vast cultural diversity. But, in its truest essence, India is a land of seekers.Anyway, thats a topic for another day.

Im based in Mumbai(Bombay). The event was in Hyderabad which is in the state of Telangana. Im an IP lawyer by profession. Coming to your query regarding neckties, im not sure how to respond to that. When i was baby fresh in the sartorial clothing scene(probably 4-5 years ago), i absolutely loved wearing neckties and ended up accumulating a fair amount which were worn quite often. As time passed by, i started to dislike neckties as i started to feel strange wearing them and stuck to only having a pocket square as an accessory. I dont know how to put it but for some strange reason, i have started to enjoy neckties once again and wear them maybe twice a week. Bow tie is something i havent tried before other than at a black tie event but im afraid that they dont suit me and will most likely not fit in with my sense of styling and may not find a place in my wardrobe.

3. themanfromLisbon

themanfromLisbon Senior Member

Probably, you have the same problem that I have : I have a huge collection of neckties (never disliked it), but I live in a country where the weather turns wearing a tie in a torture much of the time, because 8/9 moths are so hot that if you put a tie (and a jacket) you will be sweating after 10 minutes.

4. Kappelan

Kappelan Distinguished Member

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

Bibimbap ! Love Korean food too...
    Going to a good Japanese Tonight...