1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. RishaStyle

RishaStyle Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind compliments. To be honest, the tailor has no particular house style. He follows the taste and requirement of the client. Infact, my tailor was never aware of a Neapolitan shoulder and/or sleeve (Manica Mappina or Spalla Camicia). We did a fair amount of jackets to get the Neapolitan shoulder somewhat right.

2. RishaStyle

RishaStyle Well-Known Member

I agree that the jacket is slightly slim and a bit strange with the baggier trouser. This is because the jacket was made when i used to wear slightly slimmer fits overall. I have recently started to wear fuller jackets and trousers as they are my work clothes and require them to be more comfortable to be able to keep them on throughout the day.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019

3. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior Member

Still corduroy weather

CF07B908-8790-4FCD-AF16-F42DF2D4D3F8.jpeg

4. Roy Al

Roy Al Distinguished Member

A long day at work and in heart as well.

P2210031.JPG
    P2210044.JPG P2210036.JPG P2210028.JPG P2210024.JPG P2210013.JPG P2210001.JPG P2210053.JPG

5. Luigi_M

Luigi_M Distinguished Member

@Roy Al ... A donegal suit is always in my wish list. Very good!

6. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Stylish Dinosaur

I'm sure the French police would be overcome by how many rules he breaks and how cool he is. Besides, they would never be able to reach him for the hordes of women who flock to him because of his clothes.

@Purplelabel Let Riva be a man and speak for himself. You do him no favors by taking away his ability to stand up for himself or to simply ignore me.

7. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

8. Substanceoverstyle

Substanceoverstyle Well-Known Member

Did you tuck in the flap pockets or are they simply not there? I like it how it streamlines the overall fit, as its creates a very "clean" look, you could even consider removing turn-ups on the trousers for added effect. (Although I almost always prefer turn-ups, I can see it working here).

I remember this leading to a heated discussion in regard to black vs brown shoes on such a conservative look. I still think both works fine. Black for simplicity, brown for grabbing a bit more attention, dare I say, louder approach.

9. Roy Al

Roy Al Distinguished Member

Senor @Luigi_M Donegal is my all time favorite tweed.

10. Aloysius16

Aloysius16 Senior Member

Michael - lovely Lutheran fit bit there is something which doesn’t quite work tonally about the tie with the suiting. Looks as though the suiting is a warmer tone - perhaps with a little brown in the grey mix like a Fox flannel - and would be more receptive to a less cold toned tie. I often have this issue with tonal pairings.

11. drfwtx

drfwtx Senior Member

I love this color combo. Hadn’t thought of it but it clicks with the subtle pink stripe.

12. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

Thank you kindly. It has flaps, I just tucked them in. It's funny how one's tastes evolve; there was a time when I was completely against jetted pockets. Now I quite like it. It is very streamlined.

Turnups are there for the added weight, it helps the trousers drape a bit better.

The shoes are actually burgundy. The suit is brown, so I thought it appropriate. It does look somewhat grey-ish in photos, though.

The Lutheran comment was just a little joke, but thank you nonetheless. But I suppose my approach is fairly austere by some standards.

The suit actually is brown. It's a very muted tone (I do enjoy a good muted tone) so it doesn't come out well in photos. I agree that the tie is suboptimal. The only other ties I have with a similar texture are blue and I wanted something else for this fit. This was the least bad option.

13. pickergc

pickergc Senior Member

Pickering_February-71.jpg

Pickering_February-69.jpg

Pickering_February-67.jpg

14. #dadcore

#dadcore Senior Member

15. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Distinguished Member

I’m just nipping our for some popcorn, but who is “we”?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019