1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. 1st Step

1st Step Senior Member

2. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Distinguished Member

ECE63479-FED6-4F20-B3A5-7F95FA460EA6.jpeg

3. blekit

blekit Senior Member

Recently.
    20190211_070118.jpg
    20190211_072039.jpg
    20190211_073621.jpg
    20190211_073605.jpg
    * Henry Cottons
    * Suitsupply
    * Tyrwhitt
    * Embassy of Elegance
    * Poszetka
    * Benevento
    * TLB Mallorca

I really like the shoes, they look pretty sleek for a G-width last. The craftsmanship and overall quality of leather seems very high as well. TLB quickly ascended to my top three favourite brands of shoes (besides Vass and AS).

4. bernoulli

bernoulli Senior Member

Herringbone is life. Thank you for the thumbs up on my previous fit. Today is another celebration, this time of a sartorial matter. My first pair of Vass in antique museum calf. So far so good, it is breaking in nicely. The grandchildren of the company's founder are being groomed to take over the business. One grandson is an engineer but really loves designing new shoes and working in the factory. Another is a salesmen and is working in the main shop (there are two in Budapest that I know of). His English is perfect, and his service impeccable. He went to great lengths to find a last that would be compatible with my feet. I may have tried every last available in different sizes. All the while he was gladly sharing bits of the history of Vass, and how proud he was by following the family's tradition.

IMG_6389.JPG IMG_E6338.JPG

5. themanfromLisbon

themanfromLisbon Well-Known Member

Naturally. With dark grey trousers, one should use black belt. Or suspenders, of course.

6. Alan Bee

Alan Bee Senior Member

Or none at all so you may wear whatever shoes you like ....

7. themanfromLisbon

Dear Alan, I’m too thin do not use a thing to prevent my trousers to go down

Cheers

Vic

8. am55

am55 Distinguished Member

He said dark grey trousers.

9. Alan Bee

Alan Bee Senior Member

@am55 You rascal :rolleyes2:

Trying to have me drawn and quartered again, admit it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 3:49 AM

10. Alan Bee

Alan Bee Senior Member

@themanfromLisbon

I assure you, I’ve been a size 32 waist all my adult life and I’ve somehow survived without that contraption. If you have trouble keeping your trousers up, I suggest you replace your tailor immediately.

Life is so much easier without it. I won’t even mention what “it” is.

Like ..... the decision of what shoe to wear

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 3:54 AM

11. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

I wear a belt with jeans and Chelsea boots, but not with tailored clothing. The picture below was taken May last year when I had just collected the shirt & trousers from the tailor I use. I wanted them to both a much fuller and looser cut than I'm used to for the airy Spring weather.

I will be getting the leg opening widened when I have time so they're not as restrictive. What are your thoughts on them, Alan?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Alan Bee

Alan Bee Senior Member

Personally, I’d go for a slightly higher rise in the penz which calls for a bit more fullness in the hips, thigh and seat.

It’s definitely wearable as is if you don’t mind the occasional moose-knuckle.

I agree on the leg opening. Let it out some if there’s any inlay.

And oh, remove the belt loops and replace with dacks buckles if your tailor can harvest fabric from some other part of the penz.

Alan Bee

13. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

Thank you for the reply, the waistline is in fact just under my belly button (tall torso syndrome) but I do see why higher rise would help in the gentlemen's region.
    I've gotten lazy, and they're a bit tight around the waist now so I need to go for a few runs to get them to fit but when they do, I'll get the buckles!

14. AGlorifiedCrew

AGlorifiedCrew Active Member

Imgur was being lame yesterday:

[​IMG]

Jacket: Spier & Mackay Herringbone Tweed
    Shirt: Proper Cloth
    Tie: Shibumi-Firenze
    Square: Kent Wang
    Trousers: Luxire

15. themanfromLisbon

It’s kind a superstition, Alan. I also wear 32 (european sizes are different from some countries to others) and also have trousers with buckles. Even when I feel comfortable in it, I never leave home without a belt or suspenders.
    And there’s one thing I disagree: a black belt isn’t a obstacle to any kind or colour of shoes. It has much to do with the colour of the trousers.
    Cheers

Vic