HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Spectre, I am not feeling that, sorry. Tie/shirt/PS all city, pants/SC/shoes all country, and at least from that angle, the fit on the SC is not particularly flattering.

2. spectre

spectre Senior member

Australians don't lump all these people in together Noodles. We are enormously diverse ethnically - for example I only have one real "Australian" friend. The others, whether born here or overseas, are Vietnamese, Chinese, Indian, Malay, German, Argentinian, British and American.
    Last night, with my Vietnamese friend I met a girl who was Nigerian/Bulgarian which was an impressive mix - and it showed!
    But when we refer to groups we specifically call them Chinese, Thais, Koreans, Arabs, Indians, Japanese etc etc...we have become accustomed to a huge range of ethnic restaurants for example and if someone said let's go to an Asian restaurant you would have to ask which nationality in particular or no-one would know what you were talking about. Just FYI.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  3. spectre

spectre Senior member

I has on something more formal with a navy jacket, black shoes and different tie and I was in a rush so I just did a very quick change.
    The SC is absolutely flawless in fit so you can blame my wife's photography and my amateurish editing.

4. spectre

spectre Senior member

[​IMG]

This is what I looked like before the change (before heading out to a forum with a former Prime Minister and Family Court head judge on Australia's disgraceful record on asylum seekers…couldn't resist that)

Does this offer some explanation?

5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Yeah @spectre , not feeling that at all.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Second pic much better. Ill trust you on the fit part, but please let your wife know that you just threw her under the bus.

PS - I hope they grant you asylum.

7. spectre

spectre Senior member

Fit wise every jacket I have has been made with the exact same measurements and there have not been any disparaging remarks about the other pics so I guess it is the angle or something.
    I wish they would grant everyone asylum or at least get them out of the concentration camps we are holding them all in off shore and here at the moment.

8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Way fabric drapes can be different even if two jackets are cut the same. Could be the effect of that.

9. spectre

spectre Senior member

That could be it. The cashmere bone twill is totally unconstructed, zero shoulder padding and just a little lining, in the sleeves and around the shoulders. It is certainly made differently to the others in that respect.
    When I got it from the tailor the other day it looked better on me than what I had previously and it feels like a cardigan to wear so I love it.
    I have ordered two more odd jackets but for these I have reverted to my normal level of moderate padding, full lining and canvassing etc.
    I think you are right but the feel of this thing is incredible. I think of it as casual in the extreme so it is probably better with polos, open neck shirts, roll necks etc.
    Good call, I will probably use it that way in the future. I actually haven't had time to consider its uses.
    Thanks.

10. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

11. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

Yes, and jackets with identical measurements can have very different internal structures too (padding, canvassing, etc.).

Jacket measurements are two-dimensional and rarely completely capture the three-dimensional shape of the final product.

Cheers,

Ac

12. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Blurry Selfie Thursday

[​IMG]

Plus action shot from lunch

[​IMG]

13. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You wrote exactly what I was thinking. I think the more structured stuff is better for more formal use i.e with a tie and the un-structured better with polos like you say.

14. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Really nice. I've noticed only in the last 2 days the good silhouette on the last couple of coats you've posted. Slightly extended shoulder, bit of structure and a nipped waist, just how I like my coats at the moment.

15. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member