• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blekit

Reaction score
Yesterday, cozy fabrics and boots.
20190116_070542.jpg

20190116_123405.jpg

* Bytom peacoat
* Brook Taverner tweed jacket
* Tyrwhitt
* tie from Embassy of Elegance
* ps from Poszetka
* Benevento moleskin trousers
* Yanko boots
20190116_073623.jpg

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score
^ I respectfully dissent.
I think that, while Mr. @upr_crust is an elegant gentleman, sometimes he wakes up somehow 'jaunty' and in the mood to give a rip to the usual rigour of his attires - always in a dapper way though.
Of course, being a seasoned gentleman (I happen to know what this does mean), he confines his playful mood to a daringly inclined beret.
I'm not sure - maybe I'm just fantasizing, but I like the outcome.
Yes, I may agree.
But I know Mr. @upr_crust for long, and I always “picture” him in my mind wearing hats. Caps, only at the weekend, with more relaxed clothes. And he knows how to wear it too.

Cheers

Vic

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer to see you with a hat. I think you’re are too well dressed to use a cap and a hat always suits you very well.

^ I respectfully dissent.
I think that, while Mr. @upr_crust is an elegant gentleman, sometimes he wakes up somehow 'jaunty' and in the mood to give a rip to the usual rigour of his attires - always in a dapper way though.
Of course, being a seasoned gentleman (I happen to know what this does mean), he confines his playful mood to a daringly inclined beret. I'm not sure - maybe I'm just fantasizing, but I like the outcome.

Yes, I may agree.
But I know Mr. @upr_crust for long, and I always “picture” him in my mind wearing hats. Caps, only at the weekend, with more relaxed clothes. And he knows how to wear it too.

Cheers

Vic

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your comments. In retrospect, today's cap was certainly too informal for my suit, though perhaps not as much for today's coat, but it was an experiment in "jauntiness", though not a beret - the cap is a flat cap with a visor. My sole beret is only worn in inclement and windy weather, as it is an Hoquy, and is "impermeable" (I believe French for "waterproof"), and it clamps tightly to my skull. It is not my best look.

If he wore a black New Era cap?

That would make my year.

As much as making your year would provide you, me, and countless others some momentary amusement (most likely a good deal of it), the likelihood of this occurring is about the same as me launching a successful career as a rap artist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads