• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's an Italian jacket from the 90's, of course its ventless, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Well, since I'm old enough to get the senior coffee discount at McDonalds being a bit retro is allowed. I'll take my coffee ventless, with extra shoulder padding and just a hint of waist suppression please...

I see. Then rock on. I enjoy your posts. They look like something out of a Spiegel catalog which I use to enjoy looking at back in the 80s and 90s. Best.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's an Italian jacket from the 90's, of course its ventless, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Well, since I'm old enough to get the senior coffee discount at McDonalds being a bit retro is allowed. I'll take my coffee ventless, with extra shoulder padding and just a hint of waist suppression please...

The truth is only you know what works best for your intended audiences. Doesn't matter if you have to rock retro stuff, that huge Hermes buckle, yellow gold chains. The guys here are mostly concerned about what modern CM is supposed to look like or what they think fits best on a particular body type not counting the intended projected image. For instance, imo AB may look friendlier and approchable with smaller sleeve heads. But if he wants to project the powerful boss image then he's already dressed as one. When I dress up SF approved the ones I'm trying to impress always say I look 10 years older. Then there's personal preference which in my case is a short jacket. Not for style but hygiene since it doesn't scrape up nasty grimes between public seats and benches.

Anyway if people compliment the way you dress up IRL then you're doing the right thing. Plus you should always dress up differently than the surroundings. That's pure I don't give a **** power.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arise, arise he cried so loud
In a voice without restrain

PB270054.JPG
PB270024.JPG
PB270043.JPG
PB270040.JPG
PB270002.JPG
PB270020.JPG

SplurgeFrugal

Reaction score
I see. Then rock on. I enjoy your posts. They look like something out of a Spiegel catalog which I use to enjoy looking at back in the 80s and 90s. Best.
This is only a hobby and I'm having fun rediscovering the tailored clothing I was wearing three decades ago. I have more contemporary suits and sportcoats but they don't have the personality of the older styles. New cars are much more reliable and safer but my heart is with the old classics. Same with clothes!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today, in a new (RTW) suit from Eduardo de Simone Black. I really like it, with just one caveat - the waistcoat is too long, hence I have folded it up. I will have it shortened as soon as possible.

_MG_2982.JPG

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bee, have you ever considered Hollywood top trousers for your body type?

I’m currently having a pair made belting at the hollow of the waist to bring in the waist at its narrowest point. It also helps accentuate the drop between chest / waist.
@jonathanS

Re: Hollywood Tops. I think I’ve seen it somewhere. Do you have a photo to share?

Alan Bee

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, in a new (RTW) suit from Eduardo de Simone Black. I really like it, with just one caveat - the waistcoat is too long, hence I have folded it up. I will have it shortened as soon as possible.

View attachment 1079265
Wonderful!
Bold chalkstripe is one of my favourite patterns.

Reactions: EFV

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads