• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hal Freeman

Reaction score
@Roy Al Thank God music and earphones are a thing!

Recently got featured on @SprezzaTrash's blog! Go give it a read!

https://streetxsprezza.wordpress.com/

IMG_6521.JPG

IMG_6516.JPG

IMG_6515.JPG

IMG_6514.JPG

Hal

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
449a-finamore04.jpg
449b.jpg
449c.jpg
449d.jpg

Jacket: Dormeuil
Shirt: Borrelli
Tie: Finamore
PS: Noname
Pants: Berg & Berg
Shoes: Tricker's

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, personally not my preference but I can see why it works for some people!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody here recommend a good sales rep at Paul Stuart NYC I can reach out to? @upr_crust

In the suit department, my salesman is Ravi Khanna, and I have used Bruce Krystle as well. Both gentlemen are knowledgeable and friendly, and will provide you with good service. The manager in suits is John Fairley, who will, if Ravi or Bruce are not around, will connect you with someone suitable for your needs.

On the first floor, I've recently worked with Keith Silvers, but any of the staff downstairs should give you good service - I have worked with a number of them over the years.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend comes over with cigars for us to enjoy after lunch. It was after I gave a seminar but I did not feel like it. But there is a reason that the Chinese civilization developed all sorts of interesting social norms. You are not supposed to refuse. And after starting to smoke it and chatting, I discovered it was a great idea after all. This is the best way to stand corrected.
IMG_44112.jpg IMG_44202.jpg

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No love for the V-Neck sweaters? Think they’re better suited to wear with a collared shirt. Though, worth noting, I avoid a crewneck in nearly all capacities.

Probably falls squarely in the realm of personal opinion, but I think v-necks work better with a collared shirt if you're not wearing a sportcoat. With a sportcoat, crewnecks and cardigans. Not sure why, but to me a v-neck plus sportcoat looks drab and basic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads