• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DL

great great vintage looking chrono...

chronographe? they have lovely choices.​

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
445a-hnwhite02.jpg
445b.jpg
445c.jpg
445d.jpg

Denim shirts seemed to be ubiquitous in the #menswear crowd for a while. You still see them but it looks like they might have peaked. That should mean that it's safe to wear them again!

Coat: Mackintosh/Fox Brothers
Jacket: Zegna
Shirt & scarf: Drake's
Tie & ps: HN White
Pants: Berg & Berg
Shoes: Alden

SonnyUte

Reaction score
It's time to put an end to all these elegantly perfected fits today. As promised, here are two personal challenges, the Solid Blue Hanky and the (Almost) CBD Snow Boot.

Since I couldn't find a hanky light enough, I dyed one of my white ones last night. It came out pretty much exactly as I wanted, but I will leave it up to you to decide whether it is viable.
View attachment 1050348
I'll let the boots speak for themselves. The socks were probably a mistake.
View attachment 1050354
+1 for the boots. Much nicer than your previous choices. Perhaps not with a formal suit, but they pair very well with that fit.

coldsalmon

Reaction score
+1 for the boots. Much nicer than your previous choices. Perhaps not with a formal suit, but they pair very well with that fit.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come 'round right.

Kilo11

Reaction score
The dusty camera phone lens and horrible lighting make it look like I took the pictures with a potato, but whatever. Wore navy suede drivers with *no socks*...the horror. It was warm, so I'm not sweating it.

As for the tie, I'm a tall guy with a full chest, so I'm always working with the little end of normal length ties. It's got a ways to go to get to my belt buckle. These Isaia's don't like to be knotted up there. Not sure how to remedy that other than sticking with 62"+ ties.

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 21.04.36.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 21.04.44.png

Last edited:

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kilo11 except for the shooz (to say nothing of the socks!) I'd say you nailed a fine attire!

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
It's time to put an end to all these elegantly perfected fits today. As promised, here are two personal challenges, the Solid Blue Hanky and the (Almost) CBD Snow Boot.

Since I couldn't find a hanky light enough, I dyed one of my white ones last night. It came out pretty much exactly as I wanted, but I will leave it up to you to decide whether it is viable.
View attachment 1050348
I'll let the boots speak for themselves. The socks were probably a mistake.
View attachment 1050354
Best one yet! I actually don't mind the socks, I think it's a successful use of patterned socks which I often find too busy on myself. The tie in itself is very nice, but in this scenario, I would've gone with something darker, like charcoal or navy.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is about time that we do another Friday Challenge at SF. Therefore I took the liberty to create the Album Cover Challenge.

I do realise that it could be a little tricky but on the other hand I have given participants a lot of freedom in how they want to interpret the challenge. The challenge is open both to CM and SWD entries.

I know that there are many music fans on SF, now it's your time to shine!

Last edited:

coldsalmon

Reaction score
Best one yet! I actually don't mind the socks, I think it's a successful use of patterned socks which I often find too busy on myself. The tie in itself is very nice, but in this scenario, I would've gone with something darker, like charcoal or navy.
I feel like wearing a navy/black grenadine is almost cheating, since it is
I think it is about time that we do another Friday Challenge at SF. Therefore I took the liberty to create the Album Cover Challenge.

I do realise that it could be a little tricky but on the other hand I have given participants a lot of freedom in how they want to interpret the challenge. The challenge is open both to CM and SWD entries.

I know that there are many music fans on SF, now it's your time to shine!
Thank you!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.