• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love that suit. Maybe just take the trousers up an inch though?

That’s the plan, maybe not a full inch but they did come out a bit longer than I wanted for something this casual.

I am however moving a little bit away from the forum antibreak orthodoxy in general, “shivering” trousers can look kind of silly when you’re walking around.

emptym

Reaction score
I like the loafers, but I'd cuff the pants.
To find someone to love is a blessing and a curse, not finding someone is a blessing and a curse.
Maybe Roy is in love, or just wants to be... or he is just too old for this ****..? View attachment 1039334
Loved it till I got to the socks.
Thoughts on the hanky? I'm trying to dial it down a notch from the white TV fold. It's machine washable cotton because I like to actually use it.
View attachment 1039423
Looks a little stiff imo. I'd try a layered poof. @Will of the original ASuitableWardrobe had a video that showed my favorite method. Couldn't find it online now though.
This looks great, but imo the shoes and suit are too much matte brown. I'd try black shoes, maybe black suede, or possibly really dark brown with some black patina.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks great, but imo the shoes and suit are too much matte brown. I'd try black shoes, maybe black suede, or possibly really dark brown with some black patina.

This is very funny to me bc I got into an argument on the Spier and Mackay thread re this suit, where I was saying black shoes were the best option in response to people arguing in favor of brown shoes with the same suit on others. Dark dress brown doesn’t go well with the shade of the suit IMO, but I did concede that chocolate suede might work. Guess I learned my lesson. Black from here on.

coldsalmon

Reaction score
Looks a little stiff imo. I'd try a layered poof. @Will of the original ASuitableWardrobe had a video that showed my favorite method. Couldn't find it online now though.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try out some proofing methods. That will probably be the most convenient as well, since the winter is coming and I tend to get a runny nose when it's cold outside.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
443a-hnwhite01.jpg
443b.jpg
443c.jpg
443d.jpg

Brown, green, yellow. Not a very common combination for me, unless it's tweed.

Suit: Orazio Luciano
Shirt: Emma Willis
Tie: H.N. White
PS: Boivin
Shoes: Lobb
Shades: Dunhill

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With @Hal Freeman at Scottsdale Fashion Square. It's around 102F here today.

P1120258.JPG

I'm wearing a Brooks Brothers Madras jacket and blue PPBD shirt, Lands' End red heraldic tie. Leatherman blue and tan surcingle belt, Orvis Trousers, and Allen-Edmonds Oakmont Saddle Shoes (made in 1984).

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" (with food) pictures, a piece of a person (with a Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich) picture.

P1120256.jpg

For those who just can't get enough "Piece-Of-A-Person" (with food) pictures, a piece of another person (with a Spicy Pork Sandwich) picture.

P1120255.jpg

(Yes, he's wearing his Air Force ROTC tie and yes, for some reason there's a knife sticking out of my sandwich.)

Guess who

Reaction score
Spaccone.

I see.

Almost, not quite. Tie is just ugly but that could just be my personal reaction.

Main problem is scale of the shirt stripes. A little thinner and with a less ugly tie you’d be fine. As is they are just a tad too close to the stripes of the suit.

Well the tie is quite polarizing but that's a good tip on the stripes. I'll go for something less bold next time I wear that suit.

@Guess who - great shirt. Who makes it?

Thanks! It's a moderately priced Italian fabric from my tailor but I can't remember the name. I think it was Cotonificio Albini.

mcobinad

Reaction score
Please I haven't used this spoiler in a while. Can someone help me, please? I tried to activate the spoiler from the second image but it doesn't work. Do I need to spoiler the last image as well?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please I haven't used this spoiler in a while. Can someone help me, please? I tried to activate the spoiler from the second image but it doesn't work. Do I need to spoiler the last image as well?
Put spoiler in between [ ] in the first pic and then after the las pic, close it with /spoiler also in between [ ]. Or select all the images you want to spoiler and go to the menu bar of the message box and clic spoiler. :D

emptym

Reaction score
Why? Because you prefer cuffs yourself, or a balance/aesthetic reason?
Both. I prefer them personally for pants that I'll be wearing with a suit or sport coat (except a tux). But I also think they balance out a jacket, particularly if it has patch pockets. I guess I could see no cuffs working with a very formal suit, like a dark grey peak lapeled one with welted pockets.

mcobinad

Reaction score
Put spoiler in between [ ] in the first pic and then after the las pic, close it with /spoiler also in between [ ]. Or select all the images you want to spoiler and go to the menu bar of the message box and clic spoiler. :D

Thank you my man. :fonz:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics