• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Zerase

Reaction score
View attachment 1031935 View attachment 1031937

The dog days of Summer are still with us here in DC and linen carries the day. Quite rumpled at the end of the day.

Brioni SC, Berg & Berg tie, Hickey Freeman shirt, Santorelli pants and Sid Mashburn loafers.
The buttons on the sleeves on the SC are close to the hem, too close some would say. I think it actually looks pretty damn good. I'd rather have the button close to the hem than say 5-6 cm away from it.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I figured someone would comment on that! Featherweight, unlined Brioni sport coat bought at massive discount from a sample sale. Fabric is very fine and I'm not sure I can have the buttons moved without the holes from the faux buttonholes stitching showing. My tailor thinks he can do it but I haven't taken the plunge yet.

I despise faux button holes...

BlairW

Reaction score
Cheers. Dunno what I'm thinking with the non button-down actually!

coldsalmon

Reaction score
About the boots, I like them but I think they will look better with heavier fabrics and wider hem opening. And a bigger cuff.
Yeah, I think I just don't have a big enough closet to venture into the casual/country spectrum. I apparently don't own anything casual enough to be worn with bluchers. I will stick to oxfords and associated clothing.

Edit: and thank you for the specific recommendations, that's very helpful in developing my sense of the spectrum.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.