• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last day this week of mild weather in NYC, before rain and heat take over. As it is, I am taking a long-time colleague out to lunch for his retirement, so a bit of over-dressing might be excusable. Otherwise, I've donned today's suit assuming that it will be several months before it will be meteorologically appropriate to wear it.

Suit - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Shirt - Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece
Tie - Charvet
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - DVVS, NYC (now defunct)
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

IMG_8179.JPG

IMG_8175.JPG
IMG_8176.JPG
IMG_8177.JPG
IMG_8178.JPG

coldsalmon

Reaction score

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I saw this tie and I was like, "Is that a challenge!?" And the tie was like, "What? No, I'm just a tie. That doesn't even make any sense." And I was like, "Challenge accepted!"

I was thinking about a white shirt after I saw this post from @Gerry Nelson here:

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...arting-may-2014.394373/page-3575#post-9230401

But, I think my complexion makes blue a better choice almost always. I still copped the rest of his fit though. Thanks Gerry!

Looks great! Blue and orange is always a good combo!

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VandaCaruso-01.jpg
VandaCaruso-02.jpg
VandaCaruso-03.jpg
VandaCaruso-04.jpg

SC: Caruso
Shirt: Drake's
Tie: Vanda
PS: Noname
Pants: Incotex
Shoes: Mano
Shades: Garrett Leight

Nat Jag

Reaction score
Last time I wore this suit and posted here I had a couple of constructive comments about my tie and pocket sq combo. Hopefully this is better. Sadly I didn't get any decent full length shots of complete outfit.
Tie from Turnball and Assers sample sale.

IMG_5380.JPG

coldsalmon

Reaction score
Rain gear today, a new tie, and my first time ever wearing a pink shirt.
IMG_20180628_081338.jpg
IMG_20180628_081959.jpg

Edit: any suggestions on pairing the shirt and tie would be welcome. I don't have much of a sense of color, but I try to do my best.
Edit 2: My choice of crappy trousers and shoes is vindicated.
IMG_20180628_180541.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads