• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
Suit and shirt look great. I really dislike the tie though. I think it's too busy with the suit pattern and I just dislike the tie in general. One man's opinion, of course.
Thanks! While I like the tie in general, I agree that it is too busy with the suit pattern. Normally I would chose more toned down tie, but today I was wearing this tie with some other suit. And when I received my new suit from the tailor I just couldn’t resist and tried it but was too lazy to change the tie ;)

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! While I like the tie in general, I agree that it is too busy with the suit pattern. Normally I would chose more toned down tie, but today I was wearing this tie with some other suit. And when I received my new suit from the tailor I just couldn’t resist and tried it but was too lazy to change the tie ;)
I know exactly what you mean. The suit looks great. Wear it in good health.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 986725 View attachment 986726 View attachment 986727 View attachment 986728

SC: Brioni
Shirt: Eton
Tie: Kiton
PS: Vanda
Pants: Oscar Jacobson
Shoes: Mano
Shades: Moscot
DT,
I really like your style in general and have drawn a lot of inspiration from your fits.
I really like this one a lot. Tonal blues with this light jacket make for a great summer look.
Curious about the shoe choice though. A little contrasty given the subdued look of the rest?

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 986554
So I have been called back for a 2nd interview for a job I am interested in. 1st interview was not that formal and I wore a Navy blazer, I am going to wear a suit this time, with this shirt and tie. I will post a better pic tomorrow but what do you all think of the coordination? There is a little blue in the suit to work with the tie.

Looks great! :fistbump:
I even like the tie.
And good luck!

Reactions: IEG

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8A3732AD-9194-4324-9A5A-E99C45691A41.jpeg

48F0A590-ED25-4CAD-84C7-C47748A4C801.jpeg

8ED344F5-32EF-44CD-80C7-79EAF7A7AFD3.jpeg

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DT,
I really like your style in general and have drawn a lot of inspiration from your fits.
I really like this one a lot. Tonal blues with this light jacket make for a great summer look.
Curious about the shoe choice though. A little contrasty given the subdued look of the rest?

Thanks for the kind words. The SC is a little more casual than it looks. Quarterlined, some silk and linen mixed with the wool, so I thought I would dress it down a bit with the suede shoes. But since the rest of the fit is tonal, the shoes stand out a little too much. So I think your observation was spot on.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As we know from experience, any posting of two known Styleforum regulars increases the number of thumbs up exponentially. How the counter for the posting above hasn't broken the thumbs up mechanism from overwork is beyond me, with three of our most popular (and stylish) posters. An excellent time seems to have been had by all.
An excellent time indeed! Realised that I don't visit London nearly enough.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday, and time to go through the rotation of summer weight sports jackets.

Jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Trousers - Brooks Brothers
Shirt - Ike Behar
Tie - no name brand
Cufflinks - no name brand
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Tyrwhitt

IMG_8109.JPG

IMG_8104.JPG
IMG_8105.JPG
IMG_8107.JPG
IMG_8108.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads