1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. EliodA

EliodA Distinguished Member

2. kulata

kulata Distinguished Member

I also prefer full length pics so one gets a good idea of the fit unlike the pajamas bottom suit jacket up pics that is popular here.

WRT Oxxfords. Some of the best suits I have tried on in stores are Oxxfords 1220 and Type A. Fantastic suits IMO. Some pics in the link

http://www.styleforum.net/t/105041/oxxford-clothes-spring-look

3. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior Member

To be clear here, I meant "perfect" in the sense of "super/awesome/fantastic", not necessarily the actual meaning of the word.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014

4. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Distinguished Member

And, for me in the sense of it being hard to imagine a better example of the type of fit / that combination of elements.

5. SeaJen

SeaJen Distinguished Member

These photos aren't very good, but they are the best I have from the weddings attended the last two weekends. First was formal, which meant a lot of poorly fitting tuxedos and quite the array of inappropriate shoddings, including a pair of Gucci bit loafers by the best man! I will admit that my own tux is a two button notch from pre-SF days. I remain vigilant to finding a replacement.
    [​IMG]

Second wedding was much more informal.
    [​IMG]

6. Cleav

Cleav Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored Moderator

7. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

grey suits are indeed boring.

I think if i had anymore taper to the jacket it would be uncomfortable. As for the pants, theyre 8.25', a little wider than my typical preference of 8, but I also passed on cuffs. still plenty of fabric, but i have an isaia suit in a very similar grey with cuffs.

I agree 100% with the shoes.

8. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Distinguished Member

Okay, you're the one wearing it! :)

9. spectre

spectre Distinguished Member

Grey suits are the foundation of a wardrobe but Oxxford grey suits are irrevocably dull and lifeless. They have no redeeming features apart from the quality of the workmanship. They look like the uniform of Washington's bureaucracy.
    If you want a grey suit off the rack try Caruso or Corneliani or if you want an overpriced one try Attolini or Kiton.

10. SamF

SamF Well-Known Member

What exactly do people find boring about that suit? I wasn't aware that a plain grey, single breasted, notch lapel suit could be particularly exciting.

Personally, I really like it. Then again, perhaps I'm just a fan of boring suits.

11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Distinguished Member

That moment when @spectre calls a grey suit boring.

They're boxy-ish american suits. So it goes.

12. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

VERY boxy. this had extensive surgery done to give it substantially more shape than before. I have another oxxford that I haven't had anything done to yet....holy god is it awful. but the craftsmanship and fabric is really great.

13. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Distinguished Member

Yeah. I have a cashmere SC by them and it's gorgeous. I rarely wear it because it's just not flattering.

Then again, variety is the spice of life and if you have another suit like this that has more shape to it then all the power to you for getting a similar one in a different cut to mix it up.

And Don C, the oxxford cut works way better for your body type than it does for say nick pollicas. The fabric and construction are beautiful, but they're just built for fuller bodied people. Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

14. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

this is why i didn't mind getting it. Its quite a different cut than my charcoal grey isaia so its nice to have a bit of variety.

15. chocsosa

chocsosa Distinguished Member

I have a cashmere SC from their 1220 line I believe and its slimmer than their other lines.. higher armholes and shorter jacket..I still had to get some work done too it and at this point I only wear it with jeans..but honestly Derek it looks good..like you said there is nothing wrong with variety..