• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I missed the deadline, but here goes. After reading this thread, I learned several new rules that I never knew were rules. As a math teacher, I take rules very seriously. There are certain mathematical rules that must always be followed. Some are bendable like the Euclid's parallel postulate. There are also certain behaviors I would never want to see in my classroom. There are many silly ones though like no gum chewing, etc. I think many of the rules I've read about here are more like the parallel postulate/gum chewing than anything else.

Rules Broken
1. Navy pants
2. White, TV fold pocket square with odd jacket
3. Yellow tie
4. Jacket lighter than pants

Also, I got these dark green socks while on vacation. I also got a burgundy pair also. I'm really looking forward to putting them to use this fall.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I wish there was a way to see what rule each entrant was breaking without searching through the thread.  Most of the outfits look just fine to me.  

AAS, sorry I've just gone to add your post to the FC but can't seem to add another vote/choice at this stage. I'll look at it again.

Great look there BTW :nodding:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AAS, sorry I've just gone to add your post to the FC but can't seem to add another vote/choice at this stage. I'll look at it again.

Great look there BTW
nod[1].gif
Thanks, but don't worry about it. It's totally fine if I'm not in the poll.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
WIWT. I've probably posted this exact outfit before, but I wear it every now and then:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Pliny.

Awesome pic, EFV.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
EFV looks so...elegant~
I like how his pix always seem so natural. Wish I can get my wife to join in on pix too but...

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WIWT. I've probably posted this exact outfit before, but I wear it every now and then:

Great fit and wonderful pics. Stockholm is such a beautiful city!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mbaltazar

Reaction score

And now for something completely different.
WOW! Really like the combo jacket/ trousers. Different, smart, daring. I just don't know if the shirt color should be different. Light blue perhaps? And the scarf, aren't the squares too strong and the base color too matchy with the jacket?
I just got back from vacationing in Detroit and Toronto yesterday. I only brought one jacket and one/four ties with me. I had a great time in both cities. In Detroit. Dinner at Coach Insignia atop the GM Building. In Toronto. Dinner at Buca. Best meal of the trip. In Toronto. Dinner at Harbord Room. Excellent, excellent burger.
Great looking attires. Classic and stylish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads