• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 960140 View attachment 960141 View attachment 960143 View attachment 960144

Pics from last week. This week the weather is much to hot here for that fit.

SC: Brioni Escorial
Shirt: Inglese
Tie: Vanda
PS: Seaward & Stearn
Pants: Berg & Berg
Shoes: Lobb
I was waiting to see if the socks would go with that color scheme...AND YOU DIDNT DISAPPOINT. but I've gotta say that last picture makes so dam nervous. I am crazy afraid of heights so that looks like a death wish waiting to happen. be careful looking deep and introspective on a windy day out there!

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
"You're right... maybe I should have worn a blue tie instead. I just didn't want to feel dull, know what I'm sayin'?"
It does get a bit lonely here at the office late at night...

Anyway, someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse on an unclaimed bespoke Rubinacci sport coat that was pretty close to my measurements. I'm told I paid a few thousand $ less than the workshop price, so I'm a happy camper. The quality is beyond reproach, hand stitched all over, made from a see-through tan mohair fabric. Back and sleeves unlined.
The rest: Finamore shirt, Cappelli tie, Gant cotton square, no name needle stripe cotton trousers, Zenobi shoes.

View attachment 959671
"MY good man...I couldn't help but notice...and please, don't take this the wrong way, but...WHERE'S YOUR F---ING HEAD, MAN?!" #imaginaryconversations

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Clement weather has finally arrived. Hope it lasts so we can experiment the SS18 collection.

Details

Suitsurmesur MTM Suit

Drake's Stripe Wool Tie

Viola Milano Unicorn PS

John Lobb (Chestnut Misty Calf) Philip II Monk Strap (Rose Gold Buckle)

You look good in that ensemble, thats without question---and hey, you managed to pull it all off without your magic ottoman! good for you. but I am uncomfortable for some reason with this photo--only for this ultra strange thing I've noticed here, and it's gotta be some camera trickery at foot here...but WHY DOES YOUR TORSO makes your legs look baby small...like they were photo shopped on or something. Am I the only one noticing this? Oh, I am? Well then let me go back to my little hobbit hole, I've embarrassed myself enough for today.

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Midweek, with some promise of slightly warmer temperatures and some sunshine. Digging into the archives, I came up with a tie I've not worn in years, and shoes that I've not worn in several months as well.

Suit - Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Paolo Gucci
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis via Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Polo Ralph Lauren
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Topcoat - Turnbull & Asser
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Selentino

View attachment 959881

You fill the hell out of that suit--but I'm also a stickler for detail and couldn't help but notice that mood ring! Or at least it looks like a mood-ring. Haven't seen those since "My Girl." But I also really like that charcoal art piece behind you. And is that a pocket watch chain I see? How bold! good for you, sir.

CaptainTohm

Reaction score
ThomasHynesResize.jpg

Perks of working in advertising: if you spend enough time at a photoshoot drinking bourbon, the photographer might offer to give you some new headshots.

Kent Wang suit, tie, and pocket square.
Kamakura shirt.
Pure Kentucky XO (higher proof sibling of Willett) bourbon, and a personalized Glencairn glass, which was a birthday present from the better half.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@CaptainTohm Great outfit. I kind of don’t want to post after you.

View attachment 961191

Sorry to pick on you AAS but this is the perfect illustration of why I dislike 3 Press 2 jackets.
I don’t call them 3 roll 2 as there’s no evidence of ‘rolling’ at all, its not really a 3 button jacket it’s just a 2B with a vestigial button hole.

I realise this is a ‘thing’ much loved by traddies but your picture shows to me why an otherwise exemplary fitting jacket and lapel is ruined by that button hole, and it doesn’t even seem to match the care that was taken over the button hole in the upper lapel.

These comments come with the requisite IMO, YYMV, etc.

Aside from that this looks like a great fit. I still kick myself for missing out on a similarly coloured tan-but-almost-gray flannel PoW suit with blue overcheck that Suitsupply did a couple of seasons ago. A bold patterned suit like PoW looks great with solid shirt and tie.

(You’re not wearing horse bit loafers are you?):fence:

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I try. And I try. And I try. And I try.

To get this Neapolitan knot to look good. I always end up either overtightening it or it's too short.

Any tips?
20180420_182551.jpg
20180420_183334.jpg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to pick on you AAS but this is the perfect illustration of why I dislike 3 Press 2 jackets.
I don’t call them 3 roll 2 as there’s no evidence of ‘rolling’ at all, its not really a 3 button jacket it’s just a 2B with a vestigial button hole.

I realise this is a ‘thing’ much loved by traddies but your picture shows to me why an otherwise exemplary fitting jacket and lapel is ruined by that button hole, and it doesn’t even seem to match the care that was taken over the button hole in the upper lapel.

These comments come with the requisite IMO, YYMV, etc.

Aside from that this looks like a great fit. I still kick myself for missing out on a similarly coloured tan-but-almost-gray flannel PoW suit with blue overcheck that Suitsupply did a couple of seasons ago. A bold patterned suit like PoW looks great with solid shirt and tie.

(You’re not wearing horse bit loafers are you?):fence:

2C04C28D-9484-45E4-AC4D-F1E95934CD7D.jpeg

I don’t mind it, but do prefer when there is more roll. These vintage suits sometimes have the roll pressed out. No pun intended.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You fill the hell out of that suit--but I'm also a stickler for detail and couldn't help but notice that mood ring! Or at least it looks like a mood-ring. Haven't seen those since "My Girl." But I also really like that charcoal art piece behind you. And is that a pocket watch chain I see? How bold! good for you, sir.

The "mood ring" as you so ironically put it, is a cabochon of lapis lazuli, and does not change color with my moods. As for the artwork behind me, it's a lithograph, a Will Barnet, based on a charcoal drawing (I saw the original drawing at the National Academy of Design once - the image seen in my photo, in reverse, due to the lithographic process). As for the watch chain, an object found among my late father's effects after his death, which engendered any number of three-piece suit purchases, just so that I could wear the chain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads