• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dcg nice outfit but you dog makes the picture perfect. I don't know if there's a lot of Pitbull/Amstaff owners here, definitively nice dogs, I love mine to death!

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is really excellent. These pants are spot on. make your tailor do this to all your pants. :)
Thanks! I'm in line to make the curated thread twice in one week -- I'm humbled by the support. -- That being said, I've been looking forward to doing this all day, since I knew this is what the result would be: I suspect this confirms MF's advice that pleats fit my build better (and that I should press my pents). Could also mean that Borrelli doesn't drape well on me, which gives me a sad.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loooooooool

I bet the crease is the reason. Yesterdays pants looks very round and wide around your legs. 99% sure that with a press they would look immeasurably better.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats some good stuff, AAS.
Thanks.
fistbump.gif

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
AS, you are the only person I know that has ever used vacation and Detroit in the same sentence.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just got back from vacationing in Detroit and Toronto yesterday. I only brought one jacket and one/four ties with me. I had a great time in both cities. In Detroit. Dinner at Coach Insignia atop the GM Building. In Toronto. Dinner at Buca. Best meal of the trip. In Toronto. Dinner at Harbord Room. Excellent, excellent burger.
Like that AAS, very good :nodding:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice jacket and square combo.  I like the pants with the jacket, but think a blue shirt would have worked better.  Or keep the white shirt, but go with a darker pant (solid brown or olive).  I really don't like the scarf.  Especially with a glen plaid jacket. 
Thanks for the comments AAS, I value your opinion as you are not by any stretch a timid dresser. FWIW I have tried this with a blue shirt as in theory 'a blue shirt goes with everything' but it washes the green out I've found. For this reason I tend to prefer white shirts with green pants (I don't expect green trews to be an item which will find too many devotees on here but anyway...)

As for the scarf, well I like it. What in particular don't you think goes with the GP jacket?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got back from vacationing in Detroit and Toronto yesterday. I only brought one jacket and one/four ties with me. I had a great time in both cities. In Detroit. Dinner at Coach Insignia atop the GM Building.
In Toronto. Dinner at Buca. Best meal of the trip.
In Toronto. Dinner at Harbord Room. Excellent, excellent burger.
I hope that you enjoyed your visit to Detroit. For all the SF members from the metro Detroit area, it would have been pleasure to have met you. I have never eaten atop the GM Building which is referred to, still, as the RenCen. The food may not be the best in the city, but the view must is spectacular.

NickInTO

Reaction score
Quote:
You were a 3 minute walk from my house. Glad you enjoyed the city.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AAS, you are the only person I know that has ever used vacation and Detroit in the same sentence.

My wife is from Detroit and her parents still live there. I have cousins, aunts, and uncles there too. We go every year or two mostly to see family. She tries to show me a good time while we're there too. She does a good job.

Like that AAS, very good
nod[1].gif

Cheers.
cheers.gif

Thanks for the comments AAS, I value your opinion as you are not by any stretch a timid dresser. FWIW I have tried this with a blue shirt as in theory 'a blue shirt goes with everything' but it washes the green out I've found. For this reason I tend to prefer white shirts with green pants (I don't expect green trews to be an item which will find too many devotees on here but anyway...)

As for the scarf, well I like it. What in particular don't you think goes with the GP jacket?

The scarf, jacket and pocket square are all very close in color. They all seem to just blend together. I think the look could use some more contrast.

I hope that you enjoyed your visit to Detroit. For all the SF members from the metro Detroit area, it would have been pleasure to have met you. I have never eaten atop the GM Building which is referred to, still, as the RenCen. The food may not be the best in the city, but the view must is spectacular.

Thanks. The food was ok, but the view was outstanding. I had some rockin rye faygo for the first time while I was up there.

You were a 3 minute walk from my house. Glad you enjoyed the city.

I really liked TO. I dare say the business and business casual attire in TO was better than NYC.

There's a phrase rarely encounter.
tounge.gif
Detroit has it's problems, but I always enjoy my visits there.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My wife is from Detroit and her parents still live there.  I have cousins, aunts, and uncles there too.  We go every year or two mostly to see family.  She tries to show me a good time while we're there too.  She does a good job.

Glad you had a good time. I was just yanking your chain.

Oneflewover

Reaction score
I just got back from vacationing in Detroit and Toronto yesterday. I only brought one jacket and one/four ties with me. I had a great time in both cities.

In Detroit. Dinner at Coach Insignia atop the GM Building.

In Toronto. Dinner at Buca. Best meal of the trip.

In Toronto. Dinner at Harbord Room. Excellent, excellent burger.

@ An Acute Style

As close as i've got to printing of a look to use as an example. Thanks

Wonder what wfe would say with pictures of headless men on the wall?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads