• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lensmaster

Reaction score
The school I work at had dress up day to encourage the students to dress well.

IMG_20180222_110542.jpg
IMG_20180222_113503.jpg
IMG_20180222_110940.jpg
IMG_20180222_110600.jpg

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work at a school, too, so I know you’re likely the only one there who owns French cuffs.

You look great. I wish a jacket and tie were more accepted in that setting every day.

IEG

Reaction score
@Purplelabel

Its a bespoke tie which length was made specifically to be worn as a "double four in hand" knot. I sometimes wear it as a single four in hand, the result being a longer back end.

Also, the trousers are also cut full with a high rise which makes it more obvious.

Alan Bee
Plus he is so damn cool he can do whatever he wants and make it look good. Kind of like Poetic License.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see slightly bigger cuffs on those pants.

Styleforum in a nutshell ;)

That said I agree, no/minimal break requires larger cuffs IMO. More generous break, smaller cuffs or plain hem is fine. (RoyAl manages to pull off plain hem no break, but that is with absolutely perfectly cut trousers in heavy fabric. Generally doesn’t look great on most.)

Morning musings.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Styleforum in a nutshell ;)

That said I agree, no/minimal break requires larger cuffs IMO. More generous break, smaller cuffs or plain hem is fine. (RoyAl manages to pull off plain hem no break, but that is with absolutely perfectly cut trousers in heavy fabric. Generally doesn’t look great on most.)

Morning musings.
No doubt. 100% a focus on the minutiae. Outside of that and the back blade being a bit sprezzy for me, it's a perfect look.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No doubt. 100% a focus on the minutiae. Outside of that and the back blade being a bit sprezzy for me, it's a perfect look.

There is absolutely no situation where I would feel comfortable doing that in California (or probably anywhere else). But to each his own I suppose. The back being perfectly aligned with the front does not look good to me though. Needs more sprezz (misalign the blades more).

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely no situation where I would feel comfortable doing that in California (or probably anywhere else). But to each his own I suppose. The back being perfectly aligned with the front does not look good to me though. Needs more sprezz (misalign the blades more).
More than I'd be comfortable with, but I imagine part of that is attributable to my not being terribly tall. I don't need anything making me seem stumpier than my 5'10" on a day frame already suggests.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For what it is worth @Betelgeuse, the fit is still great for inexpensive RTW. Part of that, of course, is due to your excellent understanding of detail and color, specifically, your suits are always well tailored and the colors that you pair together always work. I would certainly say that you got your $300.00 worth.

Even if a size up did not "solve" your fit issue, or created more issues, I would not worry too much. It looks great unbuttoned. I do wish that the lapels were a touch less skimpy, but I understand that opinion is mine and is wholly subjective.
Thanks mate! I appreciate your comments! Will try to see if the fit issue can be solved, otherwise, as you say it's great value for the money. :)

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank you guys! Yup, Crispaire.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love that tie :cheers:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads