HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. 9thsymph

9thsymph Senior member

nope

2. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Well, I was going to write a long post about clothing ideas and rules v. simple aesthetics, and so on, and then tie that into answering your question, and it was going to be really awesome and informative and full of win.

Then Clags replied to your post and pretty much summed up the issues. So I guess I will just echo what he said, and add that I do not like the very closed quarters of the jacket. Though that may have been part of what he meant when he said the jacket does not fit.

4. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

thanks!
    this is fantastic and well thought out MR, u really have an awsm sharp preppy look going on, very con sistent too IMO. The DMs, which I personally don't like in general, look great , & I don't see an issue with the narrow tie. If it's good enough for HRH, who also goes for blue DBs with repps, why not?

Don, you're the multi-pattern king. Your last few fits seem to feature low contrast top and bottom- I'm not sold on that, but YMMV and so on

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014

5. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

That's guys for the comments.

6. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Thanks! I'm only consistent bc I don't post everyday :colgate:

7. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

You're being too modest...

8. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

It means people can know what you're referring to, without forcing casual users to scroll past the same photos over and over again. For example:

Quote:
    This is exceptional.

Calypso, your coat clashes with your rug, but I like them both (and also the other clothes in between them).

9. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

I'll second this. Not everyone has the same shaped body so not everyone is going to wear a spandex suit. Well no one should ever wear a spandex suit but some people try. :brick:

10. afaminator

afaminator Member

Well, I'm a spandex suit man. After years of being tormented by my parents belief that I would grow from a 36 short (chest) to a 40 regular overnight, I prefer mine spandexy. They fit like therapy.

11. MrChris

MrChris Senior member

12. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

This is the only thing I disagree with here. Things like the gorge, the number of buttons and their position has a lot to do with height. Going through the bespoke fitting process, I've realised that sometimes if you're very short (as Isolation, I suspect, is), one button is an option that can makes things look a lot more balanced - depending on many other aspects, of course. And while what we now call formal wear (dinner jackets or tuxedos) tend to have one button, you have to remember that this originally was a more informal version of pervious garments, and in general, the formality and acceptability of the numbers of buttons is actually quite variable historically and geographically - American trad for example, insists on three button jackets. The contemporary igent standard is 2 (or 3 roll 2). But neither of these things is the only rule.

13. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

@Isolation
    Claghorn pretty much broke it down so I won't comment on your fit, since I am not really qualified myself.
    From what I have observed, I believe you post once in a while here and there and think it would speed up your progression if you post here more often. And judging by your last post, I do not think you are making much progression. It would help if you become more engaged in here and actually improve upon feedback. Maybe you are, but I am just not seeing it.

14. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Heavily inspired by Cleav's fit from last week...if only I had an English flower garden for a background.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. kulata

kulata Senior member

^Great fit. Now stick a white hanky in your breast pocket. :D

[​IMG]