1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. DonCologne

DonCologne Distinguished Member

This trousers (one of the slimmest I have) I wore espacially for Cleav during the last nightshift

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Distinguished Member

Don, I imagine that's a SC but if it were a suit, it would be so fucking baller.

Love the trouser width.

3. Petepan

Petepan Distinguished Member

DC, spectacular SC. And unlike others here, I dont think the tapered pants look is suitable for you. You are THE DON after all.

4. spectre

spectre Distinguished Member

Top pic is very nice and I use that pairing as well. Just sometimes I prefer the charcoal. They are both okay I think. Edit: I also agree about cream. Light grey jacket and bone pants in summer is great.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014

5. spectre

I couldn't agree more. I'm possibly older than him but to me, no matter how expensive the clothes, he always looks like a dowdy, frumpy old man.

6. spectre

As an aside to charcoal pants, I have them in dark grey, navy and bone cavalry twill, Loro Piana or Ariston I think. For casual wear, going to the shops etc. It's winter in Australia and with a cashmere sweater they are so much better than the dreaded jeans, which I have found too hot in summer, too cold in winter and extremely uncomfortable, especially when driving (ymmv!).
    After a while cavalry twills feel like track pants. Cords are good too while heavy flannels add a touch of class to casual wear. Bit off track, sorry.

7. Butler

Butler Senior Member

Thank you very much for your concern - As you can see, I'm alive and kicking - here demonstrating the versatility of THE ELECTRIC BLUE DB Dormeuil Tonik 30 % mohair suit, by Steven Hitchcock, worn with shirts by NSM and Sean O'Flynn, tie by Hermes, Rubinacci PS, Double Monks by J. Lobb, blue suede tassels by Crocket & Jones.

From the proper suit to jacket white cotton trouser combi, to the dreaded, sockless, no tie, and jeans combo :hide:

:bigstar:

Sourcehttp://www.the-journal-of-style.com/ The Journal of Style

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014

8. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior Member

Just to add a pic re: charcoal pants

[​IMG]

9. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Distinguished Member

That's a stunningly beautiful suit, @Butler , and this is an occasion where a yellow tie is a perfect choice. Love the colour and patina of those double monks too. The jacket also works really well with the white trousers but, and I say this as someone who wears denim with odd jackets sometimes, even in such a faded form, the indigo-based blue of the denim doesn't work with the electric blue (or the blue suede - just too many different types of blue going on), and the rougher cut of the jeans just does not work with that ultra smooth cloth of the jacket. It's just trying (unecessarily) hard IMHO.

Great to see you here again, BTW.

10. Friedrich

Friedrich Well-Known Member

11. Friedrich

Friedrich Well-Known Member

12. Coxsackie

Agree with FlyingMonkey. Butler, that is an epic set of fits (and what's with the late 20s physique on the late 60s guy? WTF?). If there's anyone that could pull off a "look" comprising that suit jacket and those jeans, it would certainly be you.

But alas, I fear that particular combo is unpullable-off.

p.s. I far prefer your hair "au naturel" as in the above shots. I myself have decided, after some lame experiments with certain supermarket products a few years back, to learn to love my grey eminence.
    p.p.s. I am not giving up my Botox though.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014

13. Butler

Butler Senior Member

Thanks gents - while I do not think there is a discrepancy with texture in the jeans combo, as the mohair is pretty rough too (one might see that in the shoo close up) - I agree that that combo came out wrong. Somehow the colour/fading of the jeans looks completely different IRL - anyhow this was just an experiment we did to show the versatility in "The Journal of Style".

The "grey eminence" :) alas, came quite natural, but I did change the cut a bit following orders by wife! - The "physique" bit is the result of daily work outs (and it's 65 by the way) :bigstar:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014

14. Coxsackie

My apologies, I thought you had said you were older. Whatever - you must have the Peter Pan gene.

15. Butler

Butler Senior Member