• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

muddy250

Reaction score
If this isn't a suit, I think the jacket and pants are too close in color. Lovely top half anyway.
Thanks for the comment. Not a suit and I agree they are very close.
I was hoping the herringbone/flannel contrast would differentiate things enough. Doesn’t look that close in the flesh but I could use a darker, more textured grey tweed. I have swatches

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WIWLM (What I wore last May). Forgot to post this one at the time but it's getting to be the right weather to wear it again so I'm sure I'll recreate it soon. Trousers need a little work but really like this light(er)weight oatmeal flannel. Goes with just about everything.

05-mid-open-sf.jpg

02-full-sf.jpg

04-shoes-sf.jpg

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

colco

Reaction score
The shoulders on your jacket aren't very flattering. You need a lot more structure. Maybe length on the jacket too.

WIWLM (What I wore last May). Forgot to post this one at the time but it's getting to be the right weather to wear it again so I'm sure I'll recreate it soon. Trousers need a little work but really like this light(er)weight oatmeal flannel. Goes with just about everything.

View attachment 862730

View attachment 862722

View attachment 862726

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
Save your two pennies and buy a silly pocket square ;). Kidding, I know I’m the minority here. Personally, I’ve never seen a square-less fit that I felt could’ve been improved with a square. On the other hand, I’ve seen plenty of fits with a poor choice of square that have completely killed the otherwise good look. I just don’t feel like they’re necessary and although I keep trying (about done), I just don’t really like wearing them. I see them as equals to lapel chains or 5 beaded Italian bracelets on a wrist...flare. Different strokes and all that...

I did wear one today though...just for you :)

View attachment 861555
@Murlsquirl Nice square--maker?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.