• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not wanting to derail, but need to reply.
My taste is not as advanced as yours, but still on the other end, like sweetness more than bonfire, and my personal favorite is Oban 14 y, and I love Scapa 16yrs and High Land Park 12years. And there is still more, The Balvenie 12 years, Aberfeldy 12 years among others.
They need app 12-14 years at least.

If you're ever around here, you might go to to this place. They have a large selection.

https://www.montagehotels.com/beverlyhills/dining/10-pound/

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretending it's cooler than it actually is. It's fine as long as I stay in the shade.

IMG_3609.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few shots from this past weekend. I guess it's better late than never.

20171013_143313644_iOS.jpg

20171014_094100833_iOS.jpg

20171015_104948709_iOS.jpg
Really like the first outfit. The jacket in the second outfit is ill fitting. I also don't think it goes well with jeans. The white socks and jean cuffing is not helping at all. I love the shirt pant pants in the last outfit. The color temperature of the jacket is at odds with the cooler color temperature of the shirt and pants.

blekit

Reaction score
Enjoy your vacations!

Very nice tonal look, the suit looks great!

In the meantime, Autumn has definitely arrived here. And what better palette to welcome it than blues, browns and oranges?

tumblr_oy3yn4I5od1wo50r1o1_1280.jpg

IMG_20171020_080820_054.jpg

* Suitsupply jacket
* Tyrwhitt
* Embassy of Elegance tie
* ps from Poszetka
* Benevento pants
* Berwick shoes
IMG_20171020_072921522~3.jpg
IMG_20171020_073048315~2.jpg

Last edited:

Hal Freeman

Reaction score

Really like the last two posts sir. That 3 piece is amazing and that pose is hilarious.

This will be the last of my daily postings for a while - off to Budapest and London starting tomorrow night. We'll see all you folks in a couple of weeks - play nice while I'm gone.

Suit - BB
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris

View attachment 860884

Safe travels!

Enjoy your vacations!

Very nice tonal look, the suit looks great!

In the meantime, Autumn has definitely arrived here. And what better palette to welcome it than blues, browns and oranges?

tumblr_oy3yn4I5od1wo50r1o1_1280.jpg

View attachment 861314

* Suitsupply jacket
* Tyrwhitt
* Embassy of Elegance tie
* ps from Poszetka
* Benevento pants
* Berwick shoes
View attachment 861316 View attachment 861317

Those Charcoal Brown trousers look great!

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Really like the first outfit. The jacket in the second outfit is ill fitting. I also don't think it goes well with jeans. The white socks and jean cuffing is not helping at all. I love the shirt pant pants in the last outfit. The color temperature of the jacket is at odds with the cooler color temperature of the shirt and pants.

Thanks for the feedback, AAS! Never thought of the color temperature with the brown jacket. It's quite a difficult color to combine with odd pants. beige, cream and tan work very well, grey is too close in color, charcoal might work and navy just isn't my kind of thing for odd pants (although I own a pair of navy linen pants).
The second jacket is really difficult to photograph. The fabric is a very thick cotton. While the fit isn't bad at all, it wrinkles like hell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads