• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blekit

Reaction score
Take on infamous plain grey jacket. Sleeves are a bit too short, but given I don't wear this one that much recently, I'm not sure if I am going to take it to my tailor for alterations.

tumblr_oxkh3kxiPX1wo50r1o1_1280.jpg

IMG_20171009_145845_969.jpg

* Suitsupply
* Tyrwhitt
* tie from Embassy of Elegance
* ps from Poszetka
* Benevento pants
* Shoepassion
DSC_0079~3.jpg
DSC_0071~3.jpg
Jacket is obviously too short as well, but there's nothing to be done with it.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Hal Freeman thanks, haircut remains the same, but it's been a while since I've seen my barber. Add some wind to the equation and the result is what it is :)

I like your facial hair. Gives you more age and character, and that suits you.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DiplomaticTies

ANYONE in this thread, calling another person's fits ridiculous. is in self denial, and making an embarrassingly futile statement.
as rarely a fit in here could be universally accepted. but when you post a fit that works? i'll thumb it. no hate.

BTW, that fit above of yours? too busy, and the jacket washes out with your skin tone. would actually prefer a navy Blazer in this instance.

Somebody hating on my 1966 Lock&co Bowler hat, worn with Beams F Loro piana, and Lanvin? to a wedding? without posting anything worthwhile? come on now.....

I'm not usually in the grammar-police camp, but you don't help your arguments by just dropping periods and other punctuation randomly, with seemingly no regard for linguistic syntax. It makes any suspension of disbelief, on the part of readers inclined to hear you out, impossible. That said, your arguments are hilarious regardless...carry on!

Last edited:

Epicure

Reaction score

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who are those guys? don't care.

Either way, you are wrong. but there's no sense in trying to teach an old dog new tricks. when it has no idea about, or respect for stuff it doesn't know. best of luck with your flesh toned corduroy blazer.

the fact that you begrudgingly agree with what i have to say about style? means you are clutching at straws, by talking smack about fits you couldn't pull off. that i actually can, and have. you gotta know the rules to defy them. while i have no intention of wearing a Tie in the near future, i'll still be checking in to thumb fits that are properly thought out, and well fitted.

Never stop pushing the boundaries. style is on the other side of bland.

At least Foo offered something of use. You're just doing the Foo schtick without the wit or biting tone to carry it off.
@Hal Freeman thanks, haircut remains the same, but it's been a while since I've seen my barber. Add some wind to the equation and the result is what it is :)

You should keep it long.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been posting in SF for a few years now and I've never called another member's fits ridiculous before, but I choose my words with care this time. You listing brands is not going to help and your bowler is literally just the tip of the mountain of fit issues you have.

I don't agree with your comments about my latest fit, especially not changing the blazer since the whole point of the post was to showcase that particular blazer, but I've never pretended that all the fits I post are fantastic. That's part of the charm of this thread, people post what they wear and I think all members would admit that they don't always get it right.

Claiming that I've never posted anything worthwhile is bold since there is plenty to choose from, but at least all my posts are searchable. For some reason you have chosen to restrict your account which makes it more difficult to find the astonishing gifts you have bestowed upon SF before.

Just to make one thing absolutely clear: there is no "hating" from my side either. If I see something good from you I'll certainly acknowledge that. But if you enter a forum claiming to teach everybody else how to do it and urge others to accept your "critique", then you have a lot more to prove. So far I've seen more Greg Oden than Anthony Davis.
Let us hope he doesn't go "full Oden" on us lol.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you?

Definitely. you should be concerned.

as you know well enough i am always serious. no snark, no trolling, straight up say what i mean to say.

everyday i see fits with a poor silhouette,or poor contrast, getting thumbs from the same people,who in turn thumb the fit of the guy who thumbed them. like a circle of members thumbing eachother.... :spew:

a stifled, inbred pool of style.promoting a focus on being accepted via conformism. the details of which, are frivolous, and uninspiring. (Must wear brown and blue,dress like an early 70's entry level tax return accountant, or a vaccum cleaner salesman from 1949....all in the past. . ) ahem, back on point . .

This thread needs some outside DNA in the style gene pool.and i'm bringing it. might bring some friends too. ;)

i don't require the same 18 people to thumb each of my fits, i won't be thumbing yours. unless i genuinely like it. no "participation awards" here. you get a thumb from me? know it's actual appreciation. the new pups trying to dress like a movie character? are going to have to step up. there's no style in imitation. only cosplay.

So I Challenge you,to Be ambitious.
I challenge you, to try new things.
I Challenge you, to take better fit pics.
I Challenge you, to put up. or shut up.
see you, in the Challenges.

Style rules. and "CM" has evolved. it's not 1949 anymore. . the present is coming. . . .:stirpot:

Sadly, I agree with everything you've said Vader. I've been on here for 10 years and sadly several threads (including Unfunded Liabilities thread) have devolved to cults with self appointed landlords and minions who do their bidding and/or seek their approval through conformity.

Alan Bee

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads