• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SprezzaTrash

Reaction score
Mrs. Robinson, you're seducing me!
sFVhHfJ.jpg

EPgPRtw.jpg

Saw the graduate and just had to recreate this outfit. Obviously my look is not straight 60's ivy, but why not add your own flair to it? After Her and this one, I might just do more cinematic outfits in the future.

Thrifted vintage 60's hopsack (probably what he was wearing) that was sold in California, custom, 50's tie, and thrifted trousers.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mrs. Robinson, you're seducing me,

Remember the one word Mr. McGuire had for Benjamin, "Plastics" and embrace fabric blends with plastics in them. You can put them in the washer, they don't wrinkle, and bugs don't eat them.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Hal Freeman two things: the full-body images are a huge improvement and allow the forum to actually assess fit, and while I can't get a great read on the jacket in your last fit, the contrast you have with the trousers seems more than adequate. It doesn't get much play in this thread, but there is such a thing as too much contrast for a particular fit--and it happens a lot with monochromatic looks.

Hal Freeman

Reaction score
The end of the week, and warm and sunny.

Suit - BB
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Bow tie - Paul Stuart
PS - Ashear
Cufflinks - Toledano work, from the gift shop of the Sheraton Palace Hotel, Madrid
Shoes - To Boot New York

View attachment 842914

Going to a wedding in New York this weekend. There is a big brunch planned for the day before and I think I know what I'm wearing but any advice is appreciated.
What do you think?
And Tie or no Tie?

View attachment 843067
View attachment 843068

@upr_crust, Interesting colour on the shoes sir, what is it?

@Roy Al, New pole? Always like those pair of black suede shoes you have. Never thought purple and grey can work.''

@Mr. Six, No one believes me when I tell then that an ecru PS is an amazing addition to an outfit. When in doubt, I will show people this photo, very nice!

@Romeomikehotel, Mate I recommend going sans tie, but if you must. Possibly a darker tie? Maybe one in brown or navy hey.

Hal Freeman

Reaction score
@Hal Freeman two things: the full-body images are a huge improvement and allow the forum to actually assess fit, and while I can't get a great read on the jacket in your last fit, the contrast you have with the trousers seems more than adequate. It doesn't get much play in this thread, but there is such a thing as too much contrast for a particular fit--and it happens a lot with monochromatic looks.

Thank you for the kind words, it is always encouraging to see posts like this. More so coming from someone like you sir.

Here is the jacket:

Same day:

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Fit looks odd in the photo, don't know why. Here is a photo from a couple months ago when I tried to pull off a "Man with the Golden Gun" outfit:

IMG_8482.JPG

Hal

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Roy Al, New pole? Always like those pair of black suede shoes you have. Never thought purple and grey can work.''

Yepsipepsi, it's new; just waiting for you to come and dance for me.
Grey and purple, as yesterday can be nice.
I like your Golden Gun outfit, but could offer you a hand since the iron did not meet your trousers in a couple of days.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@upr_crust, Interesting colour on the shoes sir, what is it?

The shoes are grey, with brown patination, bought as an outlier for my collection - something different. They are also rubber soled, which makes them extremely comfortable - great for travel.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
@An Acute Style I think the Timex deducts from your fits rather than adds. I would get another watch (does not have to expensive, there are loads of great looking affordables that offers high quality)

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
StreetFood-01.jpg

As an hommage to @Roycru : a photo of a man with a cookie. Taken at the Geneva Street Food Festival. The cookie is supposedly a Venezuelan style cookie, but it tasted an awful lot like a generic chocolate chip cookie...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads