1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. gijsbertus3000

gijsbertus3000 New Member

I am afraid I don't really like the combination.

2. Aloysius16

Aloysius16 Senior Member

I'm wondering whether to try with dark brown or olive green (even navy) trousers perhaps. It's somehow a relatively 'warm' grey, which is more noticeable when put against other grey shades. Hard to pair (although a very comfortable jacket with a lovely handle).

3. Roy Al

Roy Al Distinguished Member

Crazy days in Old Roy Al castle as workers returned and still an other time turned my little world up side down. The Lord must be angry with me...
    Just some few pics in a hurry after the mandatory rounds in the runningwheel.

P9140091.JPG
    P9140084.JPG P9140086.JPG P9140079.JPG P9140065.JPG P9140061.JPG

4. PCK1

PCK1 Distinguished Member

Been a while since I have visited this forum.

Thought I'd post a super high resolution pic from pre-labor day...give you gentleman and idea of what my wardrobe has been up to.

New suit arrived earlier this summer - W. Bill Cream Irish Linen 3r2 with patch pockets and barchetta and MOP buttons. Also featuring some Vanda accessories and suede tasseks.

Cream Linen.jpg

5. jdp234

jdp234 Senior Member

6. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Distinguished Member

Very nice @PCK1 I certainly couldn't wear such a light colored suit - I would spend the better part of the day worrying about stains, which would leave me being overly conscious of my surroundings all the time!

7. Cleav

Cleav Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored Moderator

8. gijsbertus3000

gijsbertus3000 New Member

So assuming you want to combine with a darker and not a lighter color, I think all colors you suggest might work.
    Green I find is a most versatile color, certainly a 'softer' green such as olive green. So I am with you here: a darker olive green would be a nice experiment.

Darker brown? Unless they are part of a suit I am struggling with brown trousers all the time. Somehow brown trousers distract me, invariably drawing my attention to the legs. And that should not be so, because to my mind all pieces of clothing one is wearing should form a whole, a symphony, not standing in the way of the human being wearing them, the conversation going on, nor the occasion at and for which they are worn. (Only the accessories can be a bit of a dissonant, folly or distraction. 'Can', not should).

May be a very dark chocolate could work, though. Or a darker tobacco. Come to think of it however, a kobicha brown perhaps can work very well too. I have seen people wearing it and liked it. But that was with a pale blue blazer.

Navy blue too is a versatile color. But it is not a terribly warm color, I think. It could work, if you want to create an interesting contrast between warm and not that warm. But if it truly will work depends on the kind of navy blue you will choose. Perhaps especially the deeper, richer navy blues, like Space Cadet might turn out well.

In the end it is all a matter of finding the right contrast, I assume.

In that respect the fabric will be very important too. Especially texture. If only because it will have quite some impact on how the chosen color will perform.

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

From today. This jacket needs to be taken in just a little bit. Consider it's a 56 and the trousers are 33.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full shot.

[​IMG]

10. EFV

EFV Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Had a final fitting with Cad & the Dandy today. I liked it as this, so I took it home:

image.jpeg

11. DiplomaticTies

DiplomaticTies Distinguished Member

410a-cappelli7.jpg 410b.jpg 410c.jpg 410d.jpg

Suit: Canali
    Shirt: Bespoke
    Tie: Cappelli
    PS: Shibumi
    Shoes: EG

12. Roycru

Roycru Distinguished Member

Standing in front of the totally non-functional "gates" to Bel Air on the corner of Bellagio Road and Moraga Drive and once again showing how almost everything around here is just an illusion.

P1100037 2.jpg

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, generic pocket square, Polo Ralph Lauren tie, Faconnable tattersall OCBD shirt, Vineyard Vines belt, L L Bean cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

A Piece-Of-A-Person (with ginger scone) picture.

P1100034 2.jpg

13. SprezzaTrash

SprezzaTrash Senior Member

Yesterday's slouchy fit
    [​IMG]

Camoshita jacket, vintage Brooks OCBD, old Banana Republic heritage chinos

14. TheManscaper

TheManscaper Member

That suit will never not look great

15. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Yesterday