• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adam007

Reaction score
Love the suit the material looks very light and stripe makes it formal for business wear

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4325.JPG
IMG_4326.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the shoes, but hate that tie. I think a single color for the dots is optimal. The two color dots creates a bit of an optical illusion.

View attachment 816183 View attachment 816181 My first WYAWT post. Very hot/humid summer day here in the Midwest USA.

View attachment 816186

Thanks for posting. Always good to see new people. I like the use of color and texture on the top half. I think there isn't enough contrast between the jacket and pants though. It looks like a suit. I think a light tan or cream would work better. The sleeves on the jacket are too long and I think it would be better if your collar points were longer so the rested under your jacket lapels. Really digging the shoes as well. Allen Edmonds?

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the shoes, but hate that tie. I think a single color for the dots is optimal. The two color dots creates a bit of an optical illusion.

UGH now I have to cancel my Hober order for this pattern :)

blackballs_1120775i.jpg

For whatever it's worth people compliment this tie with some frequency. Definitely not one of my favorites but I like it well enough to pull out from time to time.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UGH now I have to cancel my Hober order for this pattern :)

blackballs_1120775i.jpg

For whatever it's worth people compliment this tie with some frequency. Definitely not one of my favorites but I like it well enough to pull out from time to time.
I have that illusion hanging up in my classroom. I think it would make a pretty great tie for a magician, FBI interrogator, or a very mean math teacher. If the tie works for you, keep wearing. :cheers:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@heldentenor

Sorry if I missed your reply, but for which class do you assign Rumor of War, and are there other Vietnam books you assign?
Dispatches by Herr, I believe (it's been a little while) is quite good if you haven't read it. A little different from RoW, but very good.

SprezzaTrash

Reaction score
Getting summer suiting right with my latest pick up: a 1960's unstructured suit.

SJqcjhz.jpg

AOQb8t9.jpg

WfRWSfA.jpg

The lapels are tiny, so I'm probably not going to do this with tie combinations. It'll mainly be done with casual fits like this one:

b62hJr8.jpg

The first outfit has a vintage Brooks Brothers OCBD (thrifted) and 1930's tie while the second one features a 1940's seersucker sportshirt. The suit is incredibly soft but you can see that it wrinkles very easily and due to it being minimally lined, it snags on textured shirt (like the OCBD). Still pretty cool right?

As always, you can read more about it on my blog!

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attolini-01.jpg
Attolini-02.jpg
Attolini-03.jpg
Attolini-04.jpg

Jacket: Cantarelli
Shirt: Isaia
Tie: Attolini
PS: Eton
Pants: Zegna
Shoes: Allen Edmonds

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads