• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0079b.jpg

Long time listener, first time caller. Just visiting from SW&D.

1970s Brooks Brothers jacket
Kamakura OCBD shirt
Sozzi zig zag knit tie
Epaulet Taylor hopsack pants
Alden tassel loafers

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll never like knits (I know, kill me), but that is one damn excellent outfit :cheers:

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a pretty cool day in the Bay Area considering how hot it was over the weekend. But still not sure how I feel about these pants, they aren't suit separates but they sure as hell look it to me.

image2.JPG
image1.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG

SC: David Chu
Shirt: Kamakura
Tie: Berg & Berg
PS: Kent Wang
Pants: Zanella
Shoes: Bexley

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the objection to Alan Bee's video posts. It is shown in-thread as a photo unless you click it. If you don't want to watch the video, don't click it. Also, there is ample precedent in the SW&D forum for video posts.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One can tell one is old when one is old when one's closet is full of "vintage" items, and one was the original purchaser when they were new . . .

This comment struck a chord. I can't say my closet is full of vintage items, but there are one or two things n there that meet this definition. I do seem to say about a number of things these days, "How long have I had that? Oh, not long, really, I think I bought it in '91 or '92", only to realize that was 25 years ago. WTF?

Effortless elegance, classically English. Aspirational.

Also, would be remiss if I didn't mention how emulate-able @Cleav is. I'd say "Well done" but he already knows it is.
So much more easily said than done...

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a pretty cool day in the Bay Area considering how hot it was over the weekend. But still not sure how I feel about these pants, they aren't suit separates but they sure as hell look it to me.

View attachment 786956
My kind of jacket!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics