• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like fairly nice weather today/ not ungodly hot for meetings Monday

Sartorio navy pinstripe suit
Cipa white shirt
Attolini gray, navy, white tie
Bontoni brown shoes
TF gray frame glasses

Foxy, why do always look so bloody happy. Aren't you ever curmudgeonly like me? I've always liked your style but please, little more hair length and shave!! That stubble look (unless I'm not seeing it right) is ok for young athletes and actors but I think as you get a little older it loses whatever appeal it is supposed to have.
Unless, of course, you really are 23 and have just had a hard life.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is the last fit for about six weeks. All my ties, shirts, and pants, and shoes are packed and ready to be shipped back to the US. I have two jackets in progress, but when they are done, I'll have nothing with which to wear them. I figured I'd go loud one last time.
It's going to take a while for me to recover from the sight of this. Did you actually pay money for that jacket?

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Claghorn, I know this might be slightly off topic, and maybe you've shared the story before but I'm a new member here. Now that you mentioned your move back to the US, I've always wondered what brought you in South Korea in the first place? Was it work-related? Anyway, great fit, I love this jacket!
Korean Women.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

^ Nice, AC.

X-post from the summer tie challenge. Attended a wedding on Saturday which meant a rare (for me) chance to wear a suit:

LL

LL

tie is linen/cotton/silk from Howard Yount.
Love this! Your last fit was somewhat conservative business dress on the top but you had khakis or dockers and it was like I wish he would just ditch the dockers...then I see this.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Betel, nice jacket! Who makes it?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely open to suggestions! Ideas? You definitely caught me on the stubble, I need a shave but it's fun to wear a suit or tux without shaving
1f600.png
1f600.png

Looks great but you are in desperate need of a hair style that meets the level of your clothes.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reckon I'd give you a run for your money in the old age stakes. One day I'll be as brave as you and post a head shot...maybe I should anyway. Seriously, you have no problem with this clearly and with someone as good looking as Sander it would be mandatory, I'd think. So you think I should? Forget past skirmishes, it is a genuine question.
Check my join date.

For the record, I'm a few months shy of 59, which, given the demographic around here, makes me older than average by a large degree. As for posting/not posting face shots, that is a very personal issue - I respect those who choose to do so, and equally those who choose not to do so. Personally, I think that showing fit pics without a head is a loss of context, but that's just me - other opinions may differ, and with the myriad number of places one's image can find itself on the Internet, caution in this matter is not without reason.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to Boston/Salem this weekend. I got this jacket from Bobby from Boston while I was there. I'm not sure about the pocket square. I tried a solid white, but wasn't feeling it. I kept everything else simple given given the boldness of the jacket.

Ah, somewhere I have always wanted to visit - Bobby from Boston that is, rather than the city as a whole! And it looks like I will finally be getting the chance in October due to a speaking engagement...
smile.gif

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, somewhere I have always wanted to visit - Bobby from Boston that is, rather than the city as a whole! And it looks like I will finally be getting the chance in October due to a speaking engagement... :)

Boston can be a charming small city, and October is a good month to visit, meteorologically, if nothing else. As it happens, I grew up outside of Salem, so I am quite familiar with both places. Enjoy your visit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads