HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I think @justinkapur could do so much better. Fit and pairings just seem to be a little lacking.

Maybe I'm just jaded.

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SF Family:
    Henry Carter
    Kent Wang
    Unipair

3. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Catching up on the thread. That's excellent.

4. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

That would be so much better with an other shirt collar.

Usually the collar has the shape of a triangle, so that the view is directed to the head. Here it´s a sqaure and the view is directed to the tie knot.

5. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Good examples of excellent and poor fits on double breasted jacket. RD looks great, as bespoke should. The bottom two jackets puts emphasis and draws the eyes to the hips, due to poor waist placement and excessive tapering. They both look like skirts.

6. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I'm not sure if this is the same suit (sartorio) that you posted earlier, it does not seem to be so if it is then the camera here is playing some tricks but some unsolicited advice. If you were my customer, the first thing I would mention is that your suit sleeves are too slim. I know that's the trend now, but the armhole, the shoulder cap, your bicep area and the wirst with the FC shirt, all just too tight. You're a fit guy so I get the desire to wear this, but you can wear a suit with more space in the chest, slightly larger shoulders, bigger sleeves and lower armhole and bigger lapels and you'll still have the look you are going for, but will look much more relaxed, comfortable and stylish, to my eye. This is not meant in a demeaning way so don't take it as such, but you have large-ish head and those tight shoulders just accentuate it a lot. Anyway, just some unsolicited advice.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014

7. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

The paper cup is a great idea, but it relies on having a ledge on which to place it that is the right height. This is my fundamental problem. The bookcases in my office all face the windows and the window ledges are all at mid-thigh. I have to jury rig props tall enough to get my phone somewhere near chest height (navel height really) and pointing in a direction where I can stand far enough away to get the full picture. All that to say, not as simple as it might appear. I'm jealous of those who have wifely assistance and can photograph at home before the wrinkles of the day befall.

8. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

How much extra effort did you put into achieving those stupendous collar roll?

9. Tried and True

Tried and True Senior member

Double breasted jackets are far trickier to get right than single breasted.

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

1. get married

2. hand wife your iphone

3. "ask" her to take 107 pics of you, of which you will delete 103

4. buy her stuff to maintain the situation

5. winrar is u!

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

rearrange your office right naow!

also, i (my wife) take pics at the end of the day. so i spend the entire day trying to stand and sit in a way that minimizes wrinkles. SF has crushed my lief.

not when panta is on the job!

12. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

I agree that RD's jacket is exemplary, but I wouldn't describe my or Kulata's jackets as poorly fitting. I just took a photo with the anchor button fastened as well as the bottom button and with my arms out of the way so that the skirt of the jacket can be seen . There's not much room between my hips and the hips of the jacket and the waist doesn't appear to me to be aggressively nipped.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014

13. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I disagree a bit with this. I like SeaJen's look, I think he could've executed it better with some linen pants and a different shirt (or that shirt worn more open) but I wonder if the fact that he does not have his jigger button fastened is what you are noticing in the skirt of his jacket? Its shorter than I would like but it fits him well. The first one, I don't like 6x2's with patch pockets and would prefer meatier lapels. His jacket also has a wide skirt, its not so noticiable as SeaJen both because of the angle and because SJ's is more suppressed in the waist, which you may not like.

14. kulata

kulata Senior member

I see a lime green one in your future it will be plain so no problem there! Thanks

Thanks man

Awww. Thanks man

:fistbump:

Thanks man. Wanted to dial back the colors to make @spectre happy. The suit is custom.

Thanks Noodles
    :fistbump:

15. kulata

kulata Senior member

Don't really like responding to posts like this but you are comparing apples and oranges. Wider torso, different cuts etc.

A lot of Savile row tailors cut a wide skirt. I guess they are bad bespoke or just a different cut? :confused: