• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhere around US$800.000,000.00 was recently spent to extend the Metro Gold Line to a place called "Apu". (Apparently named after the owner of the Kwik-i-Mart in Springfield.) I went there today.

Arriving at Apu wearing a Brooks Brothers tweed jacket and tie, L L Bean maroon and white University stripe OCBD shirt, Jim Thompson pocket square, Land's End twill trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

I walked out of the station to see Apu. Like Gertrude Stein said about Oakland, "there is no there there".

This weeked was also the worldwide "Bach In The Subways" celebration of Bach's Birthday. When I got on the train to Apu at Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal, the local "Bach In The Subways" happening was a 100 year old record player playing music written by Bach.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@noodles

There is an entire thread dedicated to you, can we not polute the WAYWN thread with the regular cycle of workout-purchase trolling-formosa nonsense that is your regular shtick, please?

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score

@noodles

There is an entire thread dedicated to you, can we not polute the WAYWN thread with the regular cycle of workout-purchase trolling-formosa nonsense that is your regular shtick, please?

This guy wants to start policing now?! I have no interest in having long drawn out discussion here. I will hold my tongue but mind your own business. You make it sound like I am defiling this thread by even talking. Any further discussion you want to have PM me or go to GNAT.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers! I'm not a affiliate vendor yet, so I try not to take up space advertising here.

A hint: it's in my signature ;)

Not only is @EFV one of the best dressed gents on this Forum; he is a class act, also.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Somewhere around US$800.000,000.00 was recently spent to extend the Metro Gold Line to a place called "Apu". (Apparently named after the owner of the Kwik-i-Mart in Springfield.) I went there today. Arriving at Apu wearing a Brooks Brothers tweed jacket and tie, L L Bean maroon and white University stripe OCBD shirt, Jim Thompson pocket square, Land's End twill trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.
I walked out of the station to see Apu. Like Gertrude Stein said about Oakland, "there is no there there".
This weeked was also the worldwide "Bach In The Subways" celebration of Bach's Birthday. When I got on the train to Apu at Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal, the local "Bach In The Subways" happening was a 100 year old record player playing music written by Bach.
For all kinds of reasons--sartorial, literary, and musical--this is a superb post!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LL
I really like everything here except the pattern on the jacket. I wish the jacket was solid. Pattern overload. The green windowpane in particular really throws things off for me. I see the green in the square, but still.
If this ain't the pot calling the kettle black...

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@EFV

What a great suit!

Last days of heavy wool and cardigans in Sweden (I hope).

I am really happy with my latest purchase - a sleeveless purple cashmere cardigan from Loro Piana.

The rest:
SC - Raffaele Caruso
Shirt - Gutteridge
Tie - Corneliani

Not shown:
Brown flannel trousers by Luxire (Minnis 0307)
Purple socs and cordovan cap toes by C&J

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thank you! I thought you already did - what fabric is your green tweed suit that you used for Pitti?
It's a super heavy flannel. I sent it back to point out some stuff that needed changes for the next models, and never got it back though. I should probably contact the tailors about that, when I have some time over.
I actually looked at your stuff a while ago. I really like the esthetics, but concluded you don't make anything above 52 (EU) otr. Am I wrong?
We didn't, but probably will, going ahead. It's just that we had a really pressed budget on that first line and knew from before which sizes we sold most of here in Sweden. We also offered mtm from the get go, so we could accommodate to all sizes.
Beautiful suit, Erk @EFV
Cheers Murl!
@EFV What a great suit!
Last days of heavy wool and cardigans in Sweden (I hope). I am really happy with my latest purchase - a sleeveless purple cashmere cardigan from Loro Piana. The rest: SC - Raffaele Caruso Shirt - Gutteridge Tie - Corneliani Not shown: Brown flannel trousers by Luxire (Minnis 0307) Purple socs and cordovan cap toes by C&J
Thank you Anden! Sweet getup btw.

Last edited:

WhereNext

Reaction score
@EFV

What a great suit!

I am really happy with my latest purchase - a sleeveless purple cashmere cardigan from Loro Piana.

The rest:
SC - Raffaele Caruso
Shirt - Gutteridge
Tie - Corneliani

Not shown:

Can I ask for a picture of the Minnis 0307 trousers? I've been considering the same from Luxire and would appreciate a view in real life to complement the sample pictures on Luxire. Thanks!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@EFV

What a great suit!

The rest:
SC - Raffaele Caruso
Shirt - Gutteridge
Tie - Corneliani

Not shown:
I really like all these pieces, but the colors don't seem to work well together. In particular I think the vest is off. The green and orange go well together, but the burgundy is throwing it off I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads