1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

I don't mean to be impolite, but lose the cap. Today.

1 person likes this.
  2. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

WIWY
    [​IMG]

28 people like this.
  3. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Worn yesterday where it was pretty cold out..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SC: Isaia (100% Flannel/unlined)

SHIRT: Finamore Napoli

TIE: Rlpl (100% Cashmere)

CARDIGAN: John Varvatos (100% Wool)

PANTS: Pt01 (Cashmere/Wool)

SHOES: Allen Edmonds.

P.S: Battisti Napoli (100% Wool)

LAPEL PIN: Nordstroms

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    27 people like this.
  4. AlexRamius

AlexRamius Senior member

5. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

Hopsack/Linen/Linen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

39 people like this.
  6. bienluienapris

bienluienapris Senior member

Because it's seems that spring is here, a seersucker shirt :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22 people like this.
  7. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

I didn't want to leave you hangin' - I respect your exquisite taste in television good sir.
    Ah, see, I'm just the opposite as I grew up outside of Philly (undergrad in Philly) and as you know, hiphop was the only genre at the time actually making real music. The early 90's were kind of devoid of creativity (removing the outliers like Nirvana) and I felt like the east coast was really representing with Big, Jay, and the Wu. Not to say that the west coast was sitting on its hands! Without derailing this thread too much...what I'm trying to say is, I respect it man. I thought this community was...well nevermind - I'm glad you changed my perspective.

[​IMG]

Bless you sir.

That type of debauchery was exactly what we all loved about him. This is the best thread running.
    I'd like to think so as well...but unfortunately my endeavors have left me fruitless. I've had everyone from my local master tailor (who is an extremely talented gentleman) to Ambrosi personally fit and tack me for trousers. At risk of spoiling your breakfast with uncomfortable imagery...My issue is that my quads are 27" in circumference each and my waist is only a handful of inches larger. To achieve that beautiful, unbroken, crisp center seam I need a giant pair of trousers legs...which put me in an even worse position. As a result I've just accepted that it'll never be quite the way I want it...you can polish a turd until it gleams radiantly, but at the end of the day it's still a turd. The best OTR success I've had are with Rota's and a good tailoring.

8. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Navy makes more sense than black/grey. I could get on board with navy.

1 person likes this.
  9. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

[​IMG]

Oh, look at the time...

21 people like this.
  10. Poszetka

Poszetka Senior member

Today different view

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

44 people like this.
  11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Trying out new squares (edit: decided I did not like the first one with this tie, so now gone):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    12 people like this.
  12. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Only good things, indeed.

13. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Problem of a person who squats.

I would've never guessed your quads are 27" based on this picture. You look very proportionate (in all respect). I squat quite a bit, my quads are also 27" (roughly - mid thigh) but I'm more of a powerlifter physique. Think Ethan Newton (Desu). Nice jacket by the way, who makes it? Love the shirred shoulder!

Nice beard, too.

Love the new perspective/image frame. Lovely suit as well, the scarf complements it perfectly.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  14. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

You hit the nail on the head. As I know that you're fully aware...It's quite arduous to find 'okay' fits OTR.

I genuinely appreciate the complement with regard to proportions, but I have to concede that those are 'MySpace' angles. Additionally, I'm forced to commit sartorial savagery by buying a size 38(54) trouser and having the whole damn thing recut in order to fit. I'm not a power-lifter by a long shot (I think there are two old lift vids on my Insta) but I'm one of those guys with a genetic predisposition to leg mass. I feel like I walk by a squat rack and they grow. Otherwise I'm 5'11" ~200lbs...so pretty average. Being that you endure (or had to at once point) the same issues, have you found any viable solutions?

PS: The jacket is a cashmere Orazio Luciano, thanks again for the kindness! #beardsunite

15. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

^
    Have you thought about going MTM? Might be the best route this side of bespoke to get trousers cut that truly suit your leg shape

16. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

I'm sitting at 6'0" and roughly 250 lbs (depending on the season and my mood). In addition to having heavier legs, I have to deal with the issue of having a pear-shaped figure (wide hips) which in my case often case pocket flare (even on trousers that are correctly-sized in the seat area). So far, I haven't found a viable solution. I tried Luxire (sending in my measurements) and the experience was quite disastrous (my fault). I'm still on the hunt for the perfect trouser to send to Luxire for replication.

There's a new MTM joint in my area where I commissioned a pair of mid-grey flannel. So far, I've sent them twice to my (new to me) tailor and am not yet satisfied with the result. Front looks pretty clean but I'm having a hard time with billowing under the seat. Sucks because the pair came to 450$ (CDN) + tailoring. I expected them to fit somewhat correctly.

17. Roy Al

Roy Al Senior member

New tie from English Cut shop in London.

[​IMG]

And new shirt and trousers - after an accidental close encounter with ironing + in a hurry. Jacket is a few months old. All bespoke.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16 people like this.
  18. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

Favorite DB today:

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  19. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

How did you get on at EC?

1 person likes this.
  20. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Totally agree. My school buddies were all rocking out to like Green Day (not that there's anything wrong with that) at the time lol. Thankfully the dudes I played rec ball with had Dre and 2pac going. Once I got All Eyez On Me (at the ripe age of 9 haha), there was no looking back.

Though, admittedly, I've managed to branch out to different genres over the years given the proliferation of less than optimally skilled artists over the past 8 or so years. It's gotten to the point where my discussing today's hip hop is like my parents discussing the hip hop of my youth...though maybe I'm just no longer one of the cool kids!