• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Very nice Andy and thanks for the compliment earlier.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great look, but those socks are way too loud for such a conservative fit. Still, you look great and the pictures are nice...last one is funny. Close your left eye a bit and you could almost stand in Forest Whitaker. I don't say that to poke fun....I love the guy.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Great look, but those socks are way too loud for such a conservative fit. Still, you look great and the pictures are nice...last one is funny. Close your left eye a bit and you could almost stand in Forest Whitaker. I don't say that to poke fun....I love the guy.

Y U NO LIKE FUN SOXES?

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Y U YELLING AT ME?! I don't like them with suits. Otherwise, I have no problem with them.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked that fit until I saw the socks. I agree with Murl...conservative suit and loud socks clash in a bad way.

Loud socks are meant for colorful casual outfits. If they are ever useful at all!

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good evening everyone. It was 70 degrees in Michigan today, something I was not expecting. The flannel felt out of place. Cheers.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, socks are fine in my opinion. No, they're not conservative, but they're also not the rainbow colored, polka dotted eyesores you see far too often.

Admittedly, not a look that will appeal to everyone...

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think the laces look contrived and silly.
I kinda saw the clash now in the morning. But I think I still want to add some dark colored laces to it without being too loud. I don't think I'll go with black or brown. Which color should it be? I'm thinking light navy or dark green?

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friend challenged me to try and make grey tie and grey trousers work. I open it up to opinion, I think it does, aided by the texture variance. Albeit a bit boring. Navy cashmere SC, light blue end on end, hopsack-ish tie, charcoal flannels, black cap toes.

Also goes against a foo-ism that there is always a better choice than charcoal trousers. I think charcoal works best here, but I'll let others more knowledgeable tell me otherwise and why.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads