• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Andy57
Nice suit, fits well, but I think the shirt is too white; makes a too formal impression. What about tattersal, cream or something blue, like oxford?
And I don't think the waistcoat adds anything.
Nice shoes.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Andy57
Nice suit, fits well, but I think the shirt is too white; makes a too formal impression. What about tattersal, cream or something blue, like oxford?
And I don't think the waistcoat adds anything.
Nice shoes.

Thanks, @Roy Al . I'm aware that there is something of a prescription against white shirts with tweed. I myself do not share it. I have all the alternative shirt options you suggest. So I'll share my thinking this morning. This particular shirt spent the last week folded up in a shirt package as I shuttled for the week between San Francisco and Cupertino each day. It the the only shirt I didn't wear. Rather than get the ironing board out, I decided to wear it today when the creases wouldn't show. Pragmatics (my euphemism for laziness) won the day.

The waistcoat adds a little warmth, hides the creases in the shirt's body, and I like the color. It's true that I would usually wear the waistcoat of this three-piece suit.

Thanks for the comments, though!

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Andy57 really like those shoes. I never thought that type of shoe would look that good in such a light color.
fing02[1].gif

Thanks. They're EG Ullswaters. I think the color is walnut, although I've polished them with a darker and a more red polish since they were new.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sebastian mcfox what collar is that on the PC shirt? Really like it.

@Pliny Is that the Harrison's birdseye fabric?

yes, Oyster
Sycsyc, that's a nice casual outfit, but why wearing black shoes with a jeans ? I know, that's new shoes, we are all like that, like kid, we want wearing them immediately.

Unfortunately I miss the sunshine of this morning for taking the pictures. What do you think of a dark waistcoat and trousers with a light jacket

Wish i could see this better,
shog[1].gif
it's such an interesting combo
Tweedy Monday...

Very nice. I'm more partial to the cut that Vox gets from Steed, but imo it's easy to see that this jacket is made for you alone, Fits your shape in a way that RTW or MTW probably never would.

doomx

Reaction score
D56 milan, Ader, JCrew, S&M, MF.
End of day wrinkled trousers.

There is something that I don't like stylistically but I can't figure out what.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads