• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
mohair/wool, wool (tie), linen

Last edited:

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't claim to know anything about the business you are in, but I have to imagine that if named partners are among your clientele that you are reasonably successful at what you do. As an aside, I can kind of see how law firms would employ something like an image consultant. Depending on the type of law, there is a potential to very much need to look a certain way.

You are right about one thing, people like teaching mens fashion. The problem with most people out there is that there is quite a lot of personal taste and very little actual knowledge behind it. For me it's not just about the principles of matching colors, patterns, and texture. It's about history and context. Anyone can tell someone that something is "country" or "city" but being able to tell them why is another thing altogether.

Seamless

Reaction score

Sounds like a smart business man. (not being sarcastic)

I wouldn't say he wasn't smart in how he conducts business. He's used his influence to get his page to 1 million subs. He probably makes 1500 a week by just uploading him talking about underwear. The issue with him is he pushes any product that will come to him. Like jcp suits.

benhour

Reaction score
This is a person no one should ever listen to.
I think you have to listen everyone but always to filtrate what they are saying! Most of the Gents here have a passion about being well dressed and know a lot of thing about that subject(already or learned from this thread) so i dont think we are representative sample of general population hahahaha
happy.gif

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gave this new tie a whirl today, and finally picked up my favorite watch from being serviced. :)

benhour

Reaction score
Very beautiful tie-jacket combination! Maybe try something more colorful in the pocket square spectrum (maybe its only me but i have in my mind white pocket for more formal jacket/suits)

Last edited:

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What exactly does an image consultant do? I have seen that term tossed around more and more...

People hire them to tell them how to dress and what clothes to buy? Or do they consult on things like wardrobes for movies??

Or is "image consultant" just a term for someone that is likely jobless, insolvent, and dresses well to pretend that they're a hot-shot?

I can image this to be the business that will grow in the future. With the death and damnation of nuclear family in the West, and Universities that teach "skills" instead of virtues, young people will need to pay for image consultants to teach them how to dress appropriately for whatever they do. O tempora, o mores...

benhour

Reaction score
It's only you.
fing02%5B1%5D.gif
i was suspecting that
fing02[1].gif
(its a matter of personal taste always, i just prefer colorful pocket squares more and save my white silk for more formal occasions )

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are right about one thing, people like teaching mens fashion. The problem with most people out there is that there is quite a lot of personal taste and very little actual knowledge behind it. For me it's not just about the principles of matching colors, patterns, and texture. It's about history and context. Anyone can tell someone that something is "country" or "city" but being able to tell them why is another thing altogether.

This!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads